Best Idea Contest 2017
How it works
A panel of top dealer executives will select five finalists from the online applicants. Those five finalists will then have the opportunity to participate at DSES.
Each finalist will have just five minutes to demonstrate his/her strategy/best practice on stage to our dealer judges. The judges in turn will have 4 minutes of Q&A with the presenter and then they will silently score each idea on a standardized judging scale.
After all innovations are shared, the scores will be tallied and a winner will be announced during an award ceremony at the conference.
There is NO CHARGE to apply and all dealership professionals are encouraged to enter.
First, we’ll need the name, email, phone number, company, and job title of the person presenting your idea. Also, we ask that you share a headshot that we can use if you are selected as a finalist. It should be high resolution (300+ dpi or bigger than 1500×1500px).
Second, we gather information about your best idea including the title, description, the main effect and department most affected.
Terms and Conditions
If I am selected as a finalist, I understand and agree to the following:
- I agree to leverage the marketing assets provided by the DrivingSales team and post them to Facebook, Twitter and Google+ providing the title of my presentation and what attending dealers will learn to drive results in their store by attending my presentation.
- I agree to post to at least one Social Media channel per week from the time I am selected until Oct. 15th, 2017 using the DSES marketing assets provided to me from the DrivingSales team including the #dses hashtag.
- My video application may be posted and used by DrivingSales to market DSES including, but not limited to, the DSES event app, blogs, dses.com, etc.
- I will have 30 minutes to speak with 5-10 minutes for Q/A. (Presenters are encouraged to stay for the entire conference.)
- I agree to participate in a pre-event conference call with DrivingSales to discuss conference objectives.
- I will provide an electronic copy of my presentation deck no later than Sept 15, 2017.
- I grant DrivingSales permission to include all my presentation materials and photos on its website, and I authorize DrivingSales to omit any materials it chooses.
- I grant permission to DrivingSales to record audio and video of my presentation and I understand the program may be distributed to attendees and the DrivingSales community.
- I also understand that candid photos may be taken during the event for use in publication (online and print) at the discretion of DrivingSales.
- I release DrivingSales, its directors, officers, associates, agents and employees from any and all claims arising from the display, use, distribution, or reproduction of the content of the presentation. I warrant that these materials do not contain proprietary, confidential, patented, or unauthorized copyrighted information.
Best Idea awards
Prizes (totaling $8,000) are given out at the event as decided by the dealer judges:
Most Innovative Dealership Strategy
The grand prize winner will receive a check for $3,000 and the title of The Most Innovative Dealership Strategy of 2017.
The Runners Up
Each finalist will receive a cash prize and free admittance to DSES 2017. The first runner up will receive a check for $2,000!
Congratulations to Brad Paschal
2016 Best Idea Winner!
Congratulations 2016 Finalists!
Don’t Tell….Show! The Power of Video on the Drive
Customer Pay RO’s have been trending down for several years in both volume and average copy. Additionally, CEI scores were becoming difficult to maintain. Solution: Implementing a walk-around video of customers’ cars detailing the good, upcoming, and recommended services. View Presentation
Lexus of Richmond Hill
Save Your Database and Increase Leads
There’s more business behind you than in front of you, but with customers opting out of email campaigns, Anti-Spam Legislation getting stronger and the Do No Call list, how do you market to your customers without losing them forever? Solution: Deliver those messages in a Facebook Custom Audience Campaign. View Presentation
Younger Nissan of Frederick
Schedule a Call
Leads down? Fake phone numbers? Change the way your consumers shop by giving them the control of setting up the call with you. Solution: A new type of lead – consumers can choose when to talk to you based on their availability, in turn allowing you to prep for the call and be prepared to answer the customer’s questions, hopefully leading to a sale. View Presentation
Groupe Park Avenue
Combine the Power of Data with Teambuilding
Bring business intelligence to the operators and motivate the sales team across dealerships.Solution: Implementing a 3 part process incorporating viewing a specially designed KPI, among other metrics; monthly meetings looking at best practices and the data from the metrics; and optimizing online inventory.View Presentation
Street Auto Group
Community Impact Calendar
Concentrate charity efforts from your dealership.Solution: Creating an action plan, complete with financial, social media, and internal awareness initiatives. View Presentation