Innovation Cup Contest 2017
Where the newest and most impactful innovations win.
How it works
A panel of top dealer executives will select five finalists from the online applicants. Those five finalists will then have the opportunity to participate at DSES.
Each finalist will have just five minutes to present his/her solution on stage to our dealer judges. The judges in turn will have 4 minutes of Q&A with the presenter and then they will silently score each product on a standardized judging scale.
After all innovations are demoed, the scores will be tallied and a winner will be announced during an award ceremony at the conference.
There is NO CHARGE to apply and all vendor solution providers are encouraged to participate!
Application Form and Instructions
First, we’ll need the name, email, phone number, company, and job title of the person presenting your solution. Also, we ask that you share a headshot that we can use if you are selected as a finalist. It should be high resolution (300+ dpi or bigger than 1500×1500px).
Second, we gather information about your innovative product or solution including the problem you’re solving, the solution, and its key results.
Terms and Conditions
If I am selected as a finalist, I understand and agree to the following:
- I will have 5 minutes to present on stage at DSES, followed by 4 minutes of Q&A with the dealer judging panel
- I agree to participate in a pre-event conference call with DrivingSales to discuss contest rules and flow
- I will use the presentation template / guidelines provided by DrivingSales (PPT, Prezi or Keynote)
- I will provide an electronic copy of my presentation deck no later than Sept 15, 2017
- If I choose to send out a press release, I will use the template and abide by the PR rules provided by DrivingSales
- I will submit for approval any press release mentioning my involvement in the Innovation Cup competition to DrivingSales
- I grant DrivingSales permission to include all my presentation materials and photos on its website, and I authorize DrivingSales to omit any materials it chooses.
- I agree to leverage the marketing assets provided by the DrivingSales team and post them to Facebook, Twitter and Google+ providing the title of my presentation and what attending dealers will learn to drive results in their store by attending my presentation.
- I grant permission to DrivingSales to record audio and video of my presentation and I understand the program may be distributed to attendees and the DrivingSales community.
- I also understand that candid photos may be taken during the event for use in publication (online and print) at the discretion of DrivingSales.
- I release DrivingSales, its directors, officers, associates, agents and employees from any and all claims arising from the display, use, distribution, or reproduction of the content of the presentation. I warrant that these materials do not contain proprietary, confidential, patented, or unauthorized copyrighted information.
- I understand if my company is selected as a finalist my company must register for the DrivingSales Executive Summit by close of business October 2nd and pay a presentation fee of $2,995.
Innovation Cup awards
Two levels of awards will be presented at the conclusion of the event:
Most innovative solution of the year
The finalist who receives the highest score from the panel of judges will be designated “Innovation Cup Winner” and presented with an elegant trophy, as well as a free license to use the “2017 Winner – DrivingSales Innovation Cup” logo in his/her marketing.
The four runners-up will receive a DrivingSales “Innovation Cup Finalist” award including an elegant trophy, as well as a free license to use the “2017 Finalist – DrivingSales Innovation Cup” logo in their marketing.
Congratulations to Clarivoy! 2016 Innovation Cup Winner!
Congratulations to Our Finalists
AutosOnVideo Automotive Video Inventory Solution
Tom Gallaher: Co-Founder AutosOnVideo
Creating vin specific full motion video for your entire inventory.View Presentation
Bryan Harwood: CTO, Outsell
Detect in-market buyers and engage them early in the buying process.View Presentation
Steve White: CEO & Founder, Clarivoy
Know your true ROI from your TV ad and optimize the spend.View Presentation
Tarry Shebesta: President, DriveItNow; Partner, GoMoto
Give customers the digital experience they want from online to in-store. View Presentation
Watch the Innovation Cup from DSES 2016
The DrivingSales Innovation Cup contest is held during a DSES general session and uncovers the Most Innovative Solution of the Year. Five automotive vendors finalists are invited on stage to present their solution/product and compete head-to-head with each other. A panel of on-stage dealer judges reviews each solution with the competitors, then determines the winner of the Innovation Cup Award for “The Most Innovative Solution of the Year.”