Keynote & Breakout Speakers
Sunday, October 22nd – 4:55-5:40pm
Did you know that online-only retailers are envious of your dealership’s physical location? Companies like Warby Parker and Zappos are realizing the value of brick and mortar stores, and recent acquisitions like Whole Foods by Amazon highlight the value of a physical location.
What are the elements in your dealership where you can leverage your physical space? Can these elements help you increase your store sales and revenue by focusing on the customer experience?
David Bell will present his findings and show you how to capitalize on what customers need and want in their physical experience. Learn the changes you can make to improve your customer interactions and grow your store in an online world.
David is an expert in consumer shopping behavior, and his research is published in the Journal of Marketing Research, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, and the Journal of Consumer Research.
David teaches Marketing Management in the Wharton MBA program, and courses in Digital Marketing at Wharton’s Philadelphia and San Francisco campuses. He specializes in identifying the effects of physical brand on customer acquisition, and how brick and mortar establishments can have a positive impact on purchase decisions.
Monday, October 23rd – 9:10-9:50am
By 2025, millennials will make up 75% of the working world. Are you ready? You can’t go anywhere today without hearing about the impact of Millennials– their buying habits, lifestyles and what they want in a career.
Kristen Hadeed is a millennial that only hires millennials. As the founder of Student Maid, Kristen knows first-hand the challenges and opportunities that can be realized from hiring millennials.
The maid industry, much like automotive retail, has extremely high turnover rates (try telling your parents that you have a job cleaning toilets!). Kristen was able to drastically reduce her company’s turnover and buck the industry trend.
Learn what millennials want in a career, how to hire and motivate them, and what Kristen has done to build a business by employing this new workforce.
Monday, October 23rd – 4:55-5:35pm
As a leader, it’s your job to develop individuals and motivate them to achieve new heights. In order for you to grow your dealership and be ready for emerging threats and opportunities, you need a culture of change; one that avoids the Good Enough mindset. Discover tips on how your employees think and what you can do to help them grow.
Companies need to create a culture of learning and development in order to thrive, and Dr. Grant will share how the “Get Better Mindset” can transform your dealership into a culture of improvement.
Dr. Heidi Grant is a social psychologist who studies, writes and speaks on the science behind motivation. She’s a Senior Scientist for the Neuroleadership Institute, Associate Director of the Motivation Science Center at Columbia University, best-selling author and contributor to the Harvard Business Review and WSJ.com.
Tuesday, October 24th – 11:30-12:10pm
Jay Acunzo is an award-winning host and speaker, and has held positions with Google and HubSpot. Now Jay shares stories of companies and people who break away from the convention to do exceptional things.
Jay’s work has been cited by The Washington Post, Forbes and TV’s Shark Tank, and now he’s bringing his extensive knowledge and insight to DrivingSales Executive Summit 2017.
How can you create a brand and content strategy that’s unique, and resonates with your customers? Jay will show savvy dealerships how to stand out from the crowd with a framework that will help you identify opportunities to market your brand differently, and how to build content that rises above the noise.
You’ll leave this session with a better idea on how to approach your dealership marketing.
“One of the ‘must-see’ speakers…”
– Joe Pulizzi, Founder, Content Marketing Institute
Sunday, October 22nd – 4:00-4:40pm
Why Relevancy and Optimization Are Crucial to Your SEM Strategy
The True Effects Of Time Management (Or Lack Of) On Your Dealership’s Customer Experience
Director of First Impressions | Nextup
• We’ll review all the facets of time tracking at the dealership and locate disconnects
• Review how management can affect time management in positive and negative ways and how that affects your store’s customer experience
• Build a well-thought action plan to future-proof your time management, CX and have easily actionable steps your store can roll out right away
Hold the Phone: Why Poor Call Handling Skills are Costing You Money
• Bridging the interaction gap between customer expectations and customer experiences
• How to overcome bandwidth issues and squeeze the most out of every business opportunity…even long-term
• Proven benchmarks that build consumer trust and grow relationships
• How a Virtual BDC backstop can help scale up performance immediately
Dealer-First Solutions to Digital Marketing
Senior Vice President, Channel Strategy | LotLinx
• How to create innovative customer experience solutions for dealers of every size
• Leveraging measurable digital metrics, social media platforms and advanced analytics to drive ROI and sales
• VIN view optimization, Vehicle Detail Page analytics, how to effectively integrate customer conversion and engagement tools
Marketing Insights and Attribution – Are Your Metrics in Alignment?
President | Outsell
• Gain a better understanding of marketing attribution models and how to apply them to your dealership’s marketing strategies
• A checklist of items to discuss at your next marketing meeting that address what your team can do now to best optimize dealership data
• Learn directly from a dealer about how they successfully use new attribution models and marketing strategies to better track their online efforts and improved overall customer engagement
Top 10 Metrics to Ensure your Service BDC is Humming
Account and Curriculum Development Specialist | DealerMine CRM
There are hundreds of metrics for Service BDC’s – but only a handful really matter. In this seminar, I let you in on the Top 10 metrics that will:
• Maximize staff performance
• Increase BDC sales
• Let you see how you did versus the 2016 North American auto industry and OEM benchmarks
How to Get Millennials to Work and Grow Your Profit
Samantha Cunningham Zawilinski
Vice President of Account Services | POTRATZ
• An understanding of workplace preferences of millennials and how to integrate these preferences with other generations’ preferences in the workplace to achieve your organization’s goals
• How your organization can attract, engage, and retain the millennial employee
• Learn strategies for managing and training millennials and the incoming Gen Zs
Monday, October 23rd – 10:00-10:45am
Ask Less, Get More: You're Trying to Do Too Much with Your Website, and It's Costing You
Senior Product Manager | DealerSocket
• Websites with single/primary calls to action convert better… always. I will highlight statistics and show examples
• Ignoring the “”simple CTA philosophy” will cost you. We’ll examine the value of lost leads, and the counterproductive (and costly) effort of adding MORE CTAs in an
attempt to gain more conversion
• Identify the traits of proper CTA placement, verbiage, and style. This will equip dealers with the information they need to rethink their mobile-first website
The Expeditionary Leader's Journey (SM)- the Path & Plan to Creating a Great Company and Culture
Director of Sales & Corporate Potential | Grappone Automotive Group
• How to create a “course plan” map for creating a successful, “people first” culture
• The process that needs to be present to be successful
• The leadership evolution that must occur for the change to have long term success
Squash Sales Turnover by Focusing on Workplace Culture
Director of Human Resources | Auto/Mate Dealership Systems
• Develop a recruiting strategy that aligns with your workplace culture
• Develop compensation packages that appeal to today’s top talent
• Create a workplace culture that engages employees, drives performance and profits
Mobile as the New Personal Assistant and How It Has Changed Phone Call Handling
President and Partner | CallRevu
• Easy to implement, high impact best practices that address the callers experience from before the call to after
• How to use the latest technologies to capture and measure department and individual level phone performance
• Links to FREE phone handling and skills training based on individual needs
See Before the Last Click: Identifying Influence Drivers That Drive Results
Senior Director, Data Strategy | Cars.com
In my session, we will discuss metrics that provide Dealer Principles with clear insights into what actions influence vehicle turn, to drive data-based decisions to fuel growth. Rather than reporting on the quantity of VDPs and traditional leads we will discuss the quality of VDP engagement based on consumer actions. Understand what metrics are relevant throughout the car shopping journey and what actions are more predictive of a low funnel shopper. As a result, you can focus marketing investments and operational support in key areas that improve efficiency to increase profitability.
• Define the types of VDPs and engagements, both online and offline, that are most predictive and influential
• Understand how value-based metrics can help you refine your marketing investment strategy
• Learn tactics to engage consumers while they are shopping on your lot
Irrefutable Evidence to Drive Profit: How Dealers Can Learn from the NFL to Achieve 100% Absorption
National Director of Fixed Operations | Reynolds and Reynolds
• How to identify bottlenecks and pain points in their current processes using techniques and tips borrowed from elite organizations like the NFL, as well as how
inefficiencies affect their bottom line
• The top 10 strategies to deliver 100% fixed ops absorption
• How to drive more profits and efficiencies by going digital – it’s much more than just a paperless process
The (near) Future of the Auto Industry: 5 Key Questions Dealers Are Faced with Today
Vice President, Enterprise Dealer Partnerships | Cox Automotive
• Identify strategies to stay ahead of the disruption happening in the automotive industry
• Gain an understanding of what the used car landscape will look like in 2020
• Discover how embracing digital retailing will drive more sales
Monday, October 23rd – 11:15-12:00pm
Build Your Human Capital Playbook and Win Your Market
CEO | Hireology
With turnover in sales roles averaging 70% annually, it’s the biggest operating challenge in our industry: how do retail dealers hire – and, more importantly, retain – a high-performing team?
Dealers who can are nearly $300,000 more profitable per store, and this presentation will show you how to get there. This presentation will:
• Present the latest research on human capital management practices and workforce trends across thousands of retail operators
• Allow attendees to identify and apply recruitment and retention best practices used by top-performing dealerships
• Prepare attendees to leverage human capital as a source of sustainable competitive advantage to win your market
Dr. Feelgood’s Rocking Prescriptions To Keep Your Digital Marketing Off The Crazy Train
Dealers will learn:
• Specific strategies for both SEO and PPC to compete and dominate in today’s mobile-first world
• How to adjust their current digital marketing strategies so that they’ll be more effective in 2018
• How to start preparing for the rise of voice search, so they’ll stay relevant and findable when voice search takes over
Modern SEM Tactics for Digital-Savvy Dealerships
When the SEM basics are no longer enough, put these advanced techniques to work.
• How to tackle the long tail with hundreds of thousands of keywords
• The importance of targeting and keywords over copy and creative
• How Carriage Mitsubishi overhauled their SEM with a technology upgrade
Building a Budget in the World of Millennials
President | Reunion Marketing
• Discover automotive industry trends for both dealer budget allocation and consumer behavior to back a dealer’s marketing decisions based on data
• Review the primary marketing channels, digital and traditional, and discuss the purpose of each channel, the KPIs that are creating results, and leverage the extensive amount of available data to build a budget based on the best return of each channel for a dealership
• Develop a budget building process understanding the intent and in-market channels along with stimulus and dealership branding media around the channels that best match these two high-level marketing purposes
Beyond Digital Retailing: How To Create A Tailored Solution That Leads To An Experience, Not Just A Transaction
Chief Marketing Officer | Roadster
• Insights into the biggest threats that exist within your store today
• Plan for omnichannel selling as a path to expanding your dealership’s footprint
• Identify cost cutting measures that can exponentially grow your profit line
• Prepare your dealership to play a role in new business models under foot
$99 Billion Opportunity In Fixed Ops: Don’t Neglect Your Dealership’s Service & Parts Departments
Divisional VP of Marketing & Managed Services | Xtime
94% of dealerships state that the service experience is more important than the repair, but 83% feel that current systems do not provide a superior ownership experience. By following the example of other retail experiences like Amazon and Uber, service departments will increase profitability through increased loyalty. See the truth behind common vehicle ownership myths and learn how your service department can reshape the customer experience to meet—if not exceed—rising consumer expectations.
• How to deliver a customer experience that increases retention and profitability
• Technology-based companies have reshaped customer expectations and dealerships need to keep up. See how you can emulate those experiences
• Customer expectations and demands continue to change. See what traditional thoughts or behaviors are now really just myths
How a New Dealership Overcame Tragedy to Rebuild Bigger & Stronger in Two Years
Partner | Auto Outlets USA
Attendees to this special session will walk away with valuable takeaways that will help dealers, and even vendors, to:
• Build their culture
• Improve their sales experiences
• Increase marketing performance
I’ll share experiences from how the organization lifted itself up after a tragic fire burned through our first store and how we rebounded within two years to have four locations – with more to come. I’ll also share some of the ways we improved our processes and marketing activities with valuable tips and tricks for local search engine optimization, social media marketing and how we simplified our marketing approach to be as relevant and valuable as possible.
Monday, October 23rd – 2:55-3:35pm
Outsmart Your Competitors and Win Today's Online Shoppers
Director Conquest Business Development | vAuto
• Recalibrate your overall marketing efforts for greater efficiency and precision to drive more qualified traffic
• Create more innate consumer demand through a strategic, market-guided stocking strategy
• Avoid the all-too-common merchandising and engagement pitfalls that turn off today’s buyers
Harnessing Video to Build a Brand, Not a Dealership
• Learn how to adopt storytelling, sentimentality and comedy as a means to improve your online video and television commercial stickiness
• Improve dealership morale and employee retention by leveraging video as a means to celebrate team members
• Learn the technology and software and mindset needed to create memorable marketing videos and how to track the impact to the bottom line
• Change the public’s perception of your brand with video by creating a community of fans rather than viewers
Data Security for Today's Dealerships
Director of Strategy and Business Ops | Dealertrack DMS
President | Helion Automotive Technologies
• Simple policies and procedures to implement in your dealership that will reduce the risk of data loss
• Steps you should take to protect your dealership at the physical level
• Technologies you should invest in that are equipped to protect against data threats
Update Your Scripts With Words That Matter
President | eDealer Solutions
• Apply positive verbiage that improves relationships to see increases in contacts and sales
• Know the differences in conversation flow and process to increase opportunities
• Learn what it takes to be relevant and create equal playing levels between sales professional and customer
No Longer Fear the Walking Dead – Motivate and Resurrect Your Sales Team!
If your salespeople are like zombies from an episode of the Walking Dead, we’ll help you resurrect them. Learn the 6 core needs your team has. Conduct powerful one-on-one coaching method to motivate them. Finally, implement a 5-step step process to provide accountability and growth for your team.
Understanding the Mobile Experience of a Dealership's Fixed Op Customer
• How improved communications using texting improves CSI, retention, and sales
• Understanding TCPA and FCC compliance in fixed operations
• Understanding why today’s customers often don’t answer their phones
Diversity by Design: Stop Recruiting and Start Connecting - How to Recruit, Retain and Motivate a World Class Team
Director | ZMOT Auto
Dealer Performance | Cardinale Group
• Compensation and negotiations that entice, retain and promote top levels of return
• Structured pay plans, culture changes, non-monetary incentives and scheduling that works
• How to properly write job ads, market to and recruit in a way that engages women and millennials
Monday, October 23rd – 4:05-4:45pm
Key Tactics To "Disruption-Proof" Your Dealership
VP Dealer Education | TrueCar
• Understand why industry disruption occurs
• Examine the specific consumer pain points that are critical to address
• Identify key strategies and tactics that allow the most successful dealers to disrupt and not be disrupted
It's About Time...to Future Proof Your Dealership
CEO/Co-Founder | Dealer Inspire
In this NOW economy, time is everything. People expect immediate and will walk away if something takes more than a few seconds. These consumer demands are being created because better is possible. Humans are conditioned to find the point of least resistance. Why does Amazon Prime work? It’s easy. Statistically, you would pay a higher price because of “easy”. Why are autonomous vehicles a thing? Because it’s easier than driving.
The future dealership must be fast, efficient and easy for the consumer. There is simply no other way. You’re either going to have to embrace this or accept the fate of Blockbuster, Kodak and the dozens of other large companies that turned their back on the tech revolution.
I want you to win. You can win. In my session, I’m going to explain what you need to do and why you need to put in the work now to future proof your dealership. We will cover stats, consumer readiness, dealership process issues, and more.
You may not be able to control your product, but you can control your process. Your success will be determined by what you do today.
Winning the Digital Deal: How to Create a Successful Digital Retailing Strategy, and Tailor It to Each Individual Consumer
Director of Digital Marketing | Dealer.com
• A look at the emerging technologies that are enabling the online selling revolution – including online deal-making, audience targeting and personalization
• A proven framework for implementing a successful digital retailing approach at any size dealership
• Key success metrics, and essential questions to ask your technology partners before investing in digital retailing
Using GeoTargeting to Increase Digital Advertising ROI
Vice President of Sales | Force Marketing
• Learn how to properly use your historical sales and service data to set up geotargeting parameters for digital advertising
• Learn how to historically measure your digital adverting to identify waste
• Learn how to set performance benchmarks in Google Analytics based off historical lead management metrics
Getting More Consumer Data is Easy; Motivating Your Salespeople is the Challenge
EVP | PERQ
Customer Care Relations Manager | Kreiger Ford
• Consumers are willing to share lots of information online (web engagement like trade-in and deal arrangement tools collects 5x more consumer data than traditional forms –such as: how a customer wants to be contacted, what financing interests them, and what is the best next step for them), but they won’t be happy if the sales rep fails to use that information in his/her follow up.
• Just because all this new consumer data is auto-populating your CRM, it’s a BIG mistake to assume your sales team is leveraging it – learn how to get your sales team’s buy-in by explaining how all this new data will help build a better rapport with the consumer – ultimately increasing lead-to-appointment, appointment-to-show and show-to-sale.
• Leave the session with 3 specific strategies that will motivate your sales team to leverage the data your website is collecting – and, ultimately, convert more shoppers into in-store buyers.
Extraordinary Service Marketing: How To Blow Past Your Competition With Better Targeting & Ad Formats
Vice President | TurnKey Marketing
• Stop marketing your service department like it’s the 90’s, learn how to reach today’s service customers including your competitors’ more effectively
• How to implement a congruent message across your digital platforms based upon your fixed ops objectives
• Top ways to accurately and more effectively track service marketing ROI on a broad and granular level
View Your Market Like a Customer: Combining Market Data & Your Dealership Strengths
• Discover how an increasingly data-driven market impacts dealership merchandising. (Using NADA 2016 & Randy Curnow Dealership Data)
• Use data combined with old school wisdom to identify and capitalize on trends in your local used vehicle market. (Using Live Market Data from Randy Curnow Buick GMC)
• Viewing your market like a customer and your dealership strengths to diversify acquisition and pricing strategies for profitability. Acquiring what the market wants and attracting your ideal customer
Tuesday, October 24th – 9:50-10:30am
Stop the New-Hire Revolving Door at Your Dealership
National Training Manager | DrivingSales
Did you know with turnover rates at 67% it costs your dealership as much as $450 per car sold and about $45,000 per lost employee? Whether you’re a General Manager who wants to boost profitability, a Sales Manager who wants to analyze sales performance or a Sales Consultant who wants to visualize a career path, this webinar will help you succeed.
• Onboard, develop and retain world-class sales people by developing your staff’s competencies – all while reducing your dealership’s turnover rate
• Assess employee accountability through testing, growth maps and strategies, to develop core skills and competencies of your employees
• Measure benchmarks and performance reviews to reward short and long term alignment goals
Shocking Discoveries in Automotive Marketing - Your Marketing Will Never Be the Same
• Explore various marketing measurement methodologies. Learn why some, like first and last-click attribution, leave you with a “Marketing Blindspot.” Discover the best methodologies for uncovering results that might otherwise be hidden in your data
• Dive into several real-life examples of marketing discoveries dealers and ad agencies have made using multi-touch attribution
• Discuss ways to adapt your marketing approach to increase your efficiency and drive more sales
Vendor Management Starts With You
CEO | Car Biz Done Better
• Understand your own marketing strategy and build on that foundation
• Spend what you can afford and stick to it
• Measure what makes sense, and measure against yourself
Winning the Conquest Contest
Vice President of Sales | Autobytel, Inc.
• Apply proven conquest tactics in their daily operations – tactics backed by real world case studies and supportive data – to reach and engage with larger volumes of in-market car buyers
• Develop content that is proven to improve same brand attention, reduce off brand interest, and ultimately enhance conquesting, and drive traffic to key areas of their websites that generate maximum conversion from online visitors to showroom visitors
• Combat defection with new communication and sales strategies that catapult their brands and stores above competitors and maintain brand engagement up to the point of purchase
Get Their Playbook: 5 Digital Marketing Strategies of the World's Most Successful Dealers
Executive Vice President | C-4 Analytics
• Evaluate and examine the most critical challenges faced by the auto industry today
• Learn how to use the OEMs’, regional associations’ and even your competitors’ marketing strategies and make them better
• Learn how the top dealers in the world are pushing the limits in terms of audience targeting, behavioral targeting, demographic targeting, geographic targeting and marketing automation