Do you think sales will increase in 2013?

JD Rucker
A lot of it will depend on the state of the economy. The delay of the fiscal cliff was that - a delay. I'm not going to get political on this but if things go well in Washington and disaster is averted long term, it will likely be a stellar year. There's a bottleneck of buyers who have been in "wait and see" mode. Many continue to be in that mode. With that said, there are definitely actions that dealers can take to make the most out of the year regardless of what happens to the economy. If I had to pick two things, it would be content marketing to get new customers and aggressive outreach (through BDC, email, phone, etc) that is perfectly timed to reach past customers when they are most likely in a position to be brought into buying mode.
Mike Gorun
Thank you, JD. I agree that a lot will depend on the economy and that it is imperative to market to new customers while targeting current customers. The Gartner Group states that 80% of your company’s future revenue will come from just 20% of your existing customers. I feel that every dealership should be looking into customer retention and/or loyalty programs. Dealers using loyalty programs or prepaid maintenance (PPM) programs designed specifically for their dealership’s client demographics and geographic location enjoy significantly higher levels of customer retention and service up-sell.

Featured Masters

No members found

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product
Can’t find what you're looking for?
Add a Vendor  or  Add a Product