Well, they are not really diabolical but I needed to grab your attention somehow. Today I want to share with you some of the most important tips that we teach our professional chat reps at ActivEngage. We have found these 5 tips very effective to manage online conversations and move website visitors through a shopping process.
1. Offer the right message at just the right time- This means understanding your shoppers and then offering them relevant conversation based on: where they came from, what keywords they used and what pages they have visited on your website. If they have visited your site more than once, then you should also look at previous click paths and any previous chats. By understanding your shoppers' mindsets, it is much easier to deliver information that they will find useful.
2. Get control of the conversation fast- Similar to handling a phone up, it is critical that you take control of the chat by asking questions. The key to online chatting control is your ability to ask questions that matter to the shopper, in a quick and engaging manner.
3. Build rapport through gifting- We find gifting critical to building a valued relationship with website shoppers. When a shopper asks for something give it to them, plus a little extra. This may take a bit more thought and time, but giving a little extra goes a long way when trying to establish trust and communication. The payoff is worth it!
4. Move the conversation- Having the ability to move a shopper from one page to another sets the stage for a well crafted sales process. It also creates movement and dialogue, which allow you to walk your website shoppers through your sales process.
5. End it with a commitment- If you are doing the chatting yourself, then the logical place to end a chat is with an appointment or a scheduled follow up phone call. At a minimum, leave every conversation with the shopper's name, email, phone number and the product of interest. This way, even if the shopper is not ready to commit right now, you can continue to follow up with them.
As with any communication, the more customized the message, the better the reception and results. It's all about using business intelligence to understand shoppers' needs and personalize communication. Do you have similar tips and/or experience? Please share!
P: (800) 775-7358 x9200
F: (877) 900-7222
Follow Me On Twitter: http;//www.twitter.com/toddlearsmith
Connect With Me On Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/activengage