We all know that just having a website, no matter how great, is not enough to make sales in the automotive industry. LEARN MORE
Depending on your industry, determines the type of social media you should focus on. We never really focused on social media until recently, and have had many successes. Our primary B2C social media tools include Facebook and Twitter and on the B2B side blogging and YouTube. This works for us and here are some tips to make it work for you.
- Interact with your fans. If they post comments on your wall or complaints, respond to them in a timely manner. Encourage them to enter a contest, read an article, etc.
- Post something daily or every other day. Relevant news articles work. Pose a question with the article as well to get reactions. Do not post too much though as you don’t want to take over their news feed and cause them to delete you.
- Create contests. A monthly drawing perhaps. It can be as simple as a giveaway for liking your page, or subscribing to your newsletter. People like FREE things.
- Tweet: It’s that simple. Tweet about anything. Contests, promotions, new websites, specials, and anything else that your followers may find interesting.
- Retweet: Read an interesting article? An industry expert say something repeat worthy? Well retweet it and share it.
- Tweet pictures: are you at a conference? Industry related event? Take pictures and share them with your followers so they can feel included.
- Use #hashtags: Know your hash tags. They are all over Twitter. By using the right hash tags, other people searching for that tag will find your tweet and may end up following you.
- Post: Post at least once a week. The more you blog the more your website is recognized in searches. Basically you get higher search engine positions and more backlinks if you blog regularly.
- Write: Blog on your website. Topic can be anything related to the industry you’re in. Top ten lists, how to blogs, commentary, tips, etc.
- Content: Use short and enticing titles. Hyperlink wherever relevant. Post tags and keywords for SEO. Add alternate text to your attached photos as well for SEO.
- Create a channel on YouTube for your company and link it to your website.
- Videos: videos do not have to be fancy. They can be as simple as a PowerPoint with a voice over or a 2 minutes introduction via webcam from your CEO/General Manager.
- Do you email market? If so, this is also another great opportunity to attach your videos.
Do you have any social media tools or ideas that you would recommend we try?