Welcome to Women’s Wednesday!
Dealers who “get it” know that the key distinction in optimizing sales to women is having exceptional sales advisors who offer exceptional service. But what does that really look like?
Women tell us directly through our car dealer review platform what works for them when interacting with a sales agent. Below are their top 5 reasons for buying a car from them:
- Trust 52.3%
- Being Respectful 52.1%
- Likeable 47.8%
- Knowledgeable 45.6%
- Understanding 40.6%
These percentages add up to more than 100% because reviewers can submit multiple answers.
NOTE: Coming in at 34% was the ‘price of the vehicle’. It is important, but ranks 6th overall. Clearly, connection and relationship are pivotal, outranking price.
- Trust: Women buy from those they trust. It’s essential to build trust – that rapport can take just a matter of minutes to create. The best way to build trust is to provide valuable and relevant information, quality guidance and advice. Be honest and never try to make a forceful sale because that is a complete turn off.
- Being Respectful: How women are treated matters. In fact, it’s the only thing that matters. Without respect, nothing else gets too close to a purchase.
- Knowledgeable: Women buy from those who are knowledgeable and informative. Since they may not have purchased a vehicle in a number of years and technology has changed dramatically, they want to be provided with complete and comprehensive information.
- Likeable: Likeability is definitely a trump card. Studies show that women buy from sales advisors who are likeable and friendly. It is easy to talk to a friendly person rather than someone who is dismissive or doesn’t listen well. Maybe even lightens thing up during a stressful purchase with a smile or a joke.
- Understanding: Being understanding is vital to meeting a buyer’s expectations. Women buy from those who are concerned and empathetic rather than pushing their own opinions or ‘spiffs/bonuses” on them. Successful sales ambassadors listen to women needs and wants. They are also extremely cooperative and patient.
Want more information on this all important topic, Click here to read.
Want to Sell More Cars and Distinguish your Dealership to Women? .
Did you receive a Free copy of the 2014 Women’s Car Buying Report? Click here to download.