Notifications & Messages

Jared Hamilton
From: Jared Hamilton
Hey - It’s time to join the thousands of other dealer professionals on DrivingSales. Create an account so you can get full access to the articles, discussions and people that are shaping the future of the automotive industry.
×
Ashley Mabery

Ashley Mabery Director | Retail Performance

Exclusive Blog Posts

How To Find A Reliable Auto Body Repair Shop

How To Find A Reliable Auto Body Repair Shop

Finding a reliable and professional auto body repair shop is not as easy as it sounds. Unfortunately not every mechanic or auto repair shop will have your …

The Gap In Email Success - Part 3

The Gap In Email Success - Part 3

Yes Lifecycle Marketing recently released a study about gaps in email marketing. Check out the other parts of the series here: Part 1, Part 2. &n…

Are Remote Workers Happier Than Office Employees?

Are Remote Workers Happier Than Office Employees?

Here are some interesting insights about remote employees vs. office employees. I know many positions within a dealership don't have the option of remo…

Why You Need a Better Goal for 2017 than Simply “Sell More Cars”

Why You Need a Better Goal for 2017 than Simply “Sell More Cars”

The real driver of vehicle sales isn’t your new online buying widget, it’s access to credit. So, if your dealerships only goal for 2017 is to “sell m…

Car Dealer Protocol for Vehicle Sales to Customers with Built-In Breathalyzers

Car Dealer Protocol for Vehicle Sales to Customers with Built-In Breathalyzers

Working in the automotive industry is a rewarding experience, particularly working for a dealership at the front line of customer service and sales.&nb…

Value of Engagement in Digital Marketing

The value of a comment, tweet or other social media response typically depends on the size of a business' network.  A larger network means more impact and value can be gained from posts and tweets. A highly engaged network can help combat the effects of small network size by amplifying a message. Engaging content can help magnify the impact of a social media profile.

Engagement is typically earned when a company's posts either solve a problem or entertain while simultaneously respecting their followers.  When a post earns a share or retweet, it becomes de-commercialized and increases in social value.  If that repost happens to come from someone who is already influential in social media, the amplification of engagement only increases.

Content that’s interesting, funny, and/or emotionally charged can help drive this engagement - considering that only 20% of posts should be used as promotion, with the other 80% existing purely to provide value or entertainment.  If someone does engage with a business' content, the business should be quick to respond and engage back.  That should help to encourage further spreading of the company's message in the long run.

Social media can be tough to figure out, and often ROI isn't seen until a social media network becomes large enough.  However, creating content that results in high engagement from users can help shortcut this path to ROI.  How are you all trying to maximize engagement?

Christine Floreno
I agree Ashley. Very knowledgeable observation. I think that in order to figure out the impact of social media campaigns, it is important to use the right tool. One designed for the automotive industry is TapCars. Not only does it provide posting services but it also helps measure the performance and ROI of the digital marketing campaigns being run.

 Unlock all of the community & features  Join Now