Facebook has billions of active users, and hundreds of millions of daily viewers, so understanding who is on this popular social media site and the best ways to approach Facebook marketing is key to a business’ success.
As more people do their research and shopping online, especially because of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important companies know how best to reach and engage with their customers.
Here are some great stats that can help guide your Facebook marketing approach, including some tips from Facebook’s recently released report, “The Future of Shopping Has Come Early: Perspectives from the Industry.”
- Facebook is the biggest social network worldwide with over 2.7 billion monthly active users worldwide as of the 2nd quarter of 2020, according to Statista. Active users are people who have logged in to Facebook during the last 30 days.
- Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular messenger apps around the world. It’s a primary method of social communication between you and your customers, so make sure you use it and have a team or tech to monitor for messages.
- Price, safety, and reliability are the top criteria consumers use to determine where to shop in-store. Proximity, convenience, and customer service, respectively, are also important for consumers when shopping online, according to Facebook marketing stats. Keep these things in mind when deciding what to share with consumers following on social media.
- Adding media to your content will grab people’s attention. More than 4 billion video views take place on Facebook every day – – meaning users like video. Keep in mind about 85% of Facebook users watch videos with the sound off so captioning videos or adding words is key for Facebook marketing.
- Baby Boomers are one of the fastest-growing audience segments on both Facebook and Instagram, according to Hootsuite. Female Facebook users who are 55-64 years old post an average of 10 times per month. Facebook marketers should tap into this age group on social.
- 99% of Facebook users 16 to 64 years old are also logging into their YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter accounts, among other social media platforms. This means that a multi-channel marketing strategy does not need to include every single social media platform. Instead, having a presence on one to two of the larger platforms offers the most potential to reach almost all of the world’s social media users.
- 18-34-year-old men are the biggest demographic on Facebook. The two top male age ranges are 25-34-year-olds (19.3%), and 18-24-year-olds (14.1%), according to Statista. The two top female age ranges are also 25-34 years old (13.1%), and 18-24-year-olds (9.4%). Keep this age group in mind when it comes to Facebook marketing social media posts and ads.
- 79% of Facebook users only access the site through their mobile devices, so keep this in mind when creating images, graphics, video, and copy for your Facebook marketing posts and ads.
- About 75% of online users with an income of more than $75,000 are on Facebook. This is good news for brands looking to reach a higher net worth of consumers through Facebook marketing.
- Facebook Live videos receive at least six times more engagement than standard videos. Take advantage of this and grab your phone, go live and talk about a great sale, a popular product, or a walk around your business to show consumers what they can expect, including your safety measures.
Need help putting this data into action? Digital Air Strike helps 7,000+ businesses engage their customers online, including on social media. Learn more about social media and Facebook marketing by clicking here.