Notifications & Messages

Jared Hamilton
From: Jared Hamilton
Hey - It’s time to join the thousands of other dealer professionals on DrivingSales. Create an account so you can get full access to the articles, discussions and people that are shaping the future of the automotive industry.
×
DrivingSales Publisher

DrivingSales Publisher Publisher

Exclusive Blog Posts

social media ads.....what works?

social media ads.....what works?

 Lets talk a little about social media. The dealership that I have worked at has always focused on Facebook in this area. We would do a dail…

3 Proven Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses

3 Proven Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses

One of the most important things that small businesses need is a marketing strategy that is affordable and produces a high return on investment. There are …

Be More Than A Salesperson

Be More Than A Salesperson

Ease the anxiety and create an experience that is stress-free, encouraging and hopefully ends with sending them home in a new set of wheels. Leverage the …

Car Sales Advice For New Salespeople

Car Sales Advice For New Salespeople

When I started selling cars five and a half years ago there were 3 pieces of advice given to me that have helped me succeed in this business. I want to sha…

5 Avoidable Ways that Car Dealerships Can Reduce Staff or Customer Injuries and Liability

5 Avoidable Ways that Car Dealerships Can Reduce Staff or Customer Injuries and Liability

The National Automotive Dealer Association (NADA) data for 2016, revealed that there are 16,708 franchised dealerships in the United States, who sold a rec…

Only 25% of your of your websites search engine presence is determined by your on site efforts.  The other 75% is determined by the number of votes it gets from other sites, back links.  However the 25% factor may make a huge difference on how effective the other 75% is and how long it takes to see results.

Key elements to be concerned with on site.

Meta Data

Meta tags tell the search engines what users will find when they arrive at your site.  Think of it as how your site is cataloged in their index.

  1. Page title: This is the most important element.  The title is what describes what your page is all about very much like a book title.  It is also what people see in the search engines in the results pages and in the browser bar.  It gets more weight than anything from the search engines when they index your site
  2. Page description: It is a summary of your page and is what shows for a description of your site under your title in some of the search engines.  It is very important to include your main “money terms” in your page description.
  3. Keywords: It was once the most weighted of all meta data but as people discovered this it was the most abused.  People would stuff as many keywords as they could imagine to describe their site to the search engines many time even if they were not relevant.  Now they do not give them as much weight however most SEO experts will agree because the search engine spiders still scan them and if your content matches they do provide some weighting.  Having more than 8 keywords is a waste of energy and more than six is probably over kill and may even sandbox your site.

Website vendors should give you access to manipulate these items to help you build the relevance of your site.  No one can describe your business better than you.  Broiler plate fill in the blank title tags should be avoided at all cost.

Each page on your site should have unique meta data.  Each page delivers a different message let the search engines know what you are showing your visitors.

Heading Summaries:

Heading summaries are sub headings on your site.  These tags help people read your web page but also help the spiders understand more about your page is targeted too and what its the most important parts.  For example you will see different sections of this post show different headlines through out the post.  This is through the use of head tags.  <h2> is a second level title and <h3> a third level title.  Heading summaries above is an <h3> element.

Image summary:

The search engine spiders cannot see images like your website visitors can.  So you have to tell them what the image is or says especially if it is an image mostly comprised of text.  

Leave your suggestions or pointers below in the comments and if you are dealership personel make sure you rate your dealership website vendor while you are here.

 Unlock all of the community & features  Join Now