Dealer finance network

Martins Ville

I wonder when car dealers are going to stop letting the banks make the bulk of the money on car deals?

Did you know anyone can start a credit union?

Did you know in one regional area there's 20 to 50 car dealers that could creep their own dealer finance network and create a credit union where they can dictate who gets the loans or not?

Under this type of proposal dealers could provide retail installment contracts to every customer, and add an extra $2,000 to $5,000 and profit per retail deal.

So if you're a car dealer and you do 100 retail deals a month, and your current banks make on average $3,000 in interest profit per deal, imagine what an extra $3 million in profits per month would mean to your dealership. 36 million per year per dealer doing 100 retail units. 

Would you be in on this game?

Martins Ville

Sorry, $300,000 per month and $3.6 million per year... Added profit. But if there were 10 dealerships in your group you could potentially make an extra $3 million a month. 

Mark Rask

That would be tough to  start 

Martins Ville

Not really Mark, but it's easier to hand over the bulk of all profits made inside a car deal to banks who we most of the time, seek an approval electronically at the press of a mouse once the deal is loaded and the F&I people "do their job" , in seconds -while it takes a dealer years to grow a business and hours and days to win over a single customer through a complicated and expensive process. It's just something most people in the car business - dealer owners, GM's, SM's, F&I Directors, Industry website have never even thought about doing. It's been on my mind a long time. It's competition. Here's the blueprint how to make it happen: https://www.ncua.gov/files/publications/resources-expansion/Federal-Credit-Union-Charter-Application-Guide.pdf

Marie Nies

I agree, this is where the Oak Motors and J.D.(Byrider) have the upper hand and stay in business so long.....

Suggested Discussions

Katherine Farnham
by Katherine Farnham
Last reply by Mark Rask

Featured Masters

No members found

F&I Solutions & Services Products

93%  Recommended Recom'd 16 Ratings
94%  Recommended Recom'd 17 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 3 Ratings
Company: 700Credit LLC
100%  Recommended Recom'd 47 Ratings