LEASE TROUBLES FOR US ALL

Dealer Guy

Are you one of the dealers who advertise leases for 7500 miles per year? The standard mileage lease for ALL companies is 100% guaranteed is 15,000 - call them. We get a 1 point bump at 12,000 miles, but there are dealers pushing 7500 & 10,000 mile leases - yet the average driver is closer to 15K per year. The net difference for me advertising a 7500, 10K or 12K lease is JUST $11 difference than a 15K lease. Not surprising people considering leasing think the mileage allowed is too low, but not really, it's just that dealers have been MIS-EDUCATING customers. I bet 90% of every sales rep you employ doesn't know leasing basics.

Why are we advertising stupid low mileage leases?

Scott Larrabee

I work at a Honda and Nissan store and have for the past 6 years. We lease A LOT and we always do 12-15K miles per year leases. I don't have many customers who could make 10,000 miles a year work let alone 7,500. Bad idea!

Whoa! I have never seen a 7500-mile lease, nor have I seen it advertised anywhere in the Midwest. People around here drive closer to 20,000 miles a year.

Scott Larrabee

Where are you located Sunny? 

Dealer Guy

Audi is one that offers 7500, from their website: Mileage options include 7,500, 10,000, 12,000, and 15,000 miles per year for current model year vehicles.

What's bizarre, like Sunny said, most people drive anywhere between 12 to 15 and 20000 miles per year if people don't even know that you can get a lease over 12,000 miles! Just look at the big newspaper in your city and look at the mileage in the ads, and then call those dealers and tell them to get with Reality.

Jim Webb

Are their prospects for 7500 miles per year leases?  If there is, what is wrong with running it.  If it generates opportunities to engage customers, then it has done its job.  Our job then is to discuss the mileage limitations with the customer.  

The percentage of salespeople AND sales managers that are uneducated on leasing is about 99%.  Unfortunately, they are unable to introduce the simple concept of leasing, but would rather try to discuss the reasons not to lease.

Featured Masters

No members found

F&I Solutions & Services Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
Company: CreditMiner
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
97%  Recommended Recom'd 41 Ratings
87%  Recommended Recom'd 33 Ratings

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product
Can’t find what you're looking for?
Add a Vendor  or  Add a Product