Dispatcher

Chris Murray

I know of, first hand, a few dealerships that still use a dispatcher in their shop. Personally I prefer the E Dispatch approach because it lacks politics, emotions, favorites and favoritism. What are your thoughts?

Randi DeSantis

We still use a dispatcher. We have E Dispatch but we are consistently too busy for our own good and we need a personal finesse to get everything in. 

Chris Murray

That sounds very expensive. Who requires "finesse" to perform their duties?

Randi DeSantis

Ha ha. We do. Our service manager and assistant manager finesse the system as needed. We have a large shop with more cars to work on than we have people to work on them. We do everything we can to push things through and yet we are still booked out 3 weeks. So yes, we require finesse. Luckily, no one is ever standing around so I don't have to worry about how "expensive" it sounds. 

Bart Wilson

If you have an "e dispatcher" or online service scheduler, why wouldn't you run everything through it and let it load balance your shop? It seems like a good way to remove any personal biases.

Randi DeSantis

Because it would reduce the number of hours we turn a day. We book to capacity and still have emergencies, drop ins and carry overs... and I'm still booked out three weeks. I will give up manually dispatching in exchange for 2 full techs and a handful of express techs. Till then, we will personally finesse the system to keep our customers happy, our techs busy and paid, and our shop FULL. 

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

CRM - Fixed Ops Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 59 Ratings
Company: Elead
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
Company: Xtime
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Dealer-FX
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings