Does your fixed ops department do their own marketing?

Aubrey Klosterman

Does your internet/marketing manager run consistent fixed ops advertising or is it left to someone in fixed ops or elsewhere? Is the FO department unable to efficiently advertise themselves due to a lack of resources (time, money, data, training, etc.)?

*Especially looking for answers from dealerships that don't use 3rd party vendors for marketing or those that do only for sales marketing.*

Derrick Woolfson

This is a great question. In my last auto group, our BDC department managed sales marketing. However, the fixed-ops manager did his own thing. This often led to an overlap in marketing, and/or over marketing. It needs to be a cohesive effort; especially when it comes to marketing to previously sold customers. For example, we are sending them "sales blasts" the OEM is sending them marketing, and then you have the Fixed-Ops sending them marketing, which is way, way too much! If anything, I have found - through A/B testing - that emails that combine both sales and fixed-ops do very well. This is not to say that there ought not to be separate fixed-ops campaigns, either. I think we largely forget about the non-OEM (pre-owned) sales customers, who might not otherwise want to purchase a new vehicle. So sending them new vehicle marketing is not perhaps best. Just my thoughts. 

Mark Rask

we are just starting to do this 

Suggested Discussions

Mark Rask
by Mark Rask
Last reply by Mark Rask
forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

CRM - Fixed Ops Products

96%  Recommended Recom'd 55 Ratings
Company: ELEAD1ONE