Scheduling Appointments - Suggestions?

Kate Poole

Currently we have an in-house call center for scheduling appointments which is great.  We are still struggling with the best way to structure this.  Of course we have to have waiting slots however we are more concerned about the drop appointments and what others do to properly plan.  We all know most customers want to pick up before the end of the day to avoid traffic and whatnot.  What do you guys do?  I'm not concerned with drop off times but more so the pickup times of non express maintenance appointments.

Chris K Leslie

Thats a tough one.. You can only handle what you can handle. Without hiring more people. 

mark rask

We have a service bdc that rocks......what scheduler are you using?

Kate Poole

Right now we have waiting appointments and we have Leave It For The Day (LIFT we call it) appointments which gives us a window from 7-9 when people drop off in the AM and 4-6 where people pick up in the evening.  There are people that 4 or later does not work for.  Because we have over 100 cars a day coming in (which is the norm we can handle) it can be difficult to properly plan those appointments.  I  was previously in a much smaller shop that you can manage much easier because you see everything coming in and know everything going on in the shop.  

Kate Poole

Thank you for your questions and feedback.  We have an in house BDC as well literally feet from the service department.  We schedule through CDK Service Edge which also links to our online scheduling.

Steve Stauning

I'm not 100% clear on your issue or processes for releasing a repaired vehicle to the customer, but I assume you want them to review the repairs and recommendations with an Advisor or someone else in an attempt to upsell? 

If that's the case, it might be helpful to have those discussions with the customer over the phone in advance of their arrival. Where you send them a completed RO via PDF and the recommended services that you wish to perform.

If these conversations are done with a professional who can speak to the repairs and recommendations, you should be able to avoid bottlenecks at the end of the day, as some customers would be directed to go to the cashier to pick up their vehicle. 

I am hopeful this helps - forgive me if I misinterpreted the actual issue. 

Featured Masters

No members found

CRM - Fixed Ops Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 101 Ratings
Company: ELEAD1ONE
100%  Recommended Recom'd 25 Ratings
85%  Recommended Recom'd 7 Ratings
Company: DealerSocket
99%  Recommended Recom'd 185 Ratings
Company: ELEAD1ONE

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product