Service Closed. Sales Open.

Derrick Woolfson

How do you guys handle the holiday store hours? For us, sales are always open for holidays such as New Years Day, x-mas eve, Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, etc. (which can be busy) - But Service is always closed. It would seem with the traffic we get with sales on the holidays that it would be a no-brainer to have service open! 

What are your thoughts? 

mark rask

we keep service open when sales is open. the only day we don't do that is labor day

Derrick Woolfson

@Mark! We need to do that. Any additional revenue is HUGE. Especially considering that in service you retain 75 on 100 vs. (A SAD) 12 on 100 in sales. 

Scott Larrabee

Where I am service is usually "open to support sales" which means we have one person covering the parts dept, one person covering pop in service, and usually a tech or two that volunteer to get the work. However, we are Closed on New Years day, Closed on the 4th, Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas of course, We were Closed Christmas Eve this year, and we are Closed Memorial Day.

I worked in the furniture business for about 10 years before getting into car sales. I couldn't believe the holiday schedule at Darling's when I started here 5.5 years ago. I love it! More places should adopt this mindset !!

Derrick Woolfson

I agree with you Scott! And Darling's sounds like an incredible, employee's first kind of store! I have often wondered what the cost of operating on a Holiday is vs. ROI? More often than not I do not think it is profitable on 4th of July or X-Mas eve. 

Cory Hosch

Our organization is similar to what Scott described- closed on New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  This applies for all departments. 

Featured Masters

No members found

CRM - Fixed Ops Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 123 Ratings
Company: ELEAD1ONE
100%  Recommended Recom'd 27 Ratings
75%  Recommended Recom'd 8 Ratings
Company: DealerSocket
100%  Recommended Recom'd 234 Ratings
Company: ELEAD1ONE

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product