Why Do We Make it So Hard to Pay a Repair Order?

Derrick Woolfson

Do you offer your customers the ability to pay their RO online or via text through Apple/Google pay? Imagine how much time we could save both us and our customers! On the dealer level, we'd be fooling ourselves if we said we didn't get a least 10+ calls a day asking "what the status of their vehicle is?" or "Can I pay online?" 

We keep talking about "digital retailing," but often don't make the moves to execute it! This is a pain point that has a solution. A solution that could increase our customers experience, and more importantly save everyone more time. 

For those with this service, what are some of the successes you have seen from it? 

Jason Volny

Good question Derrick. We spend some time talking about digital retailing on the sales side, it's time we focused on incorporating it into fixed ops.

Who out there is doing this? I know some vendors have the technology. Who's using it?

Chris K Leslie

I know there are things out there to let people pay for service online. Why do you guys things dealers are dragging their feet? 

Derrick Woolfson

@Chris, beats me! If its a "cost" factor, I get adding the extra expense. But imagine how much time we'd save if we used a tool like this! And if we get better CSI scores, it will pay for itself depending on the OEM's kick-backs for CSI. 

Morgan Hardy

I know that Text2Drive offers the customer the ability to pay via text. I believe it does status updates as well. 

Derrick Woolfson

@Morgan, Thanks! I will have to look into that. 

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

CRM - Fixed Ops Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 55 Ratings
Company: Elead
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
Company: Xtime
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Dealer-FX
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings