How do you stay sharp?

Bart Wilson

We've all heard that axe sharpening Abe Lincoln quote. What do you do to make sure you stay focused and sharp every day? How often do you revisit training you've completed in the past? What sources do you use?

Derrick Woolfson

A few things, one is attending conferences (DSES!) annually. This is what I call "recharging the batteries." You learn high-impact takeaways, and my goal is that each year I take one or two "ideas," and actualize them. Another way of staying sharp is continuing to take marketing classes, Google is always going to change their expectations, and the more you know about digital advertising the better you can manage your vendor relationships. 

Bart Wilson

@Derrick where do you go for these marketing classes? Google? Third parties?

Chris K Leslie

I'm pretty active on twitter and keep my RSS reader filled with industry and marketing news. Its what keeps me informed on new stuff and changes. Anytime we bring on a new vendor I make sure that I am the first person certified so I can help teach others. 

Derrick Woolfson

@Bart, I take them w/ Google. There are also a lot of third party apps/sites out there as well that offer digital marketing classes. 

Derrick Woolfson

@chris, whats one of the best sites/sources you've found? Thats a good idea!

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 50 Ratings
Company: Elead
100%  Recommended Recom'd 15 Ratings
Company: MAX Digital
100%  Recommended Recom'd 16 Ratings
Company: TradePending

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product