What’s the value of coaching?

Sean Kelley

In your opinion, what’s the value of a manager truly learning to coach?

Coaching defined as: A managers ability to learn what each employee wants most, gain the employees trust with active listening, learn how to best tap into each employees individual skills, collaborate around action plans, provide accountability and motivation to create new behaviors. 

Excited about hearing your opinions on this and thank you in advance. 

Sincerely,

Sean Kelley

#thecarbizcoach

Christian Younggren

#thecarbizcoach

Sean,

1. When a manager begins to see themselves as a coach they take person responsibility for that salesperson's success or failure. They are now accountable for this individual. Not a lot different from a caring parent. 

2. When one must teach a skill to another they become better in the process due to breaking down the skill into steps and organizing the details involved to successfully teach the skill. Part of the skill that is second nature to you must be explained in simple terms. This can be difficult for many of us. Ask an outgoing/gregarious salesperson how they establish rapport and they will usually respond with, I don't know, I just do it. Being required to teach it forces you to break down the skill to easy/understandable terms. Great communicators and teachers are able to take the complex and make it easy!

Christian Younggren

P.S. 

I wanted to invite you to check out my Youtube channel that includes car salesmen skill development and automotive related sales training. if you think it will add value, please consider subscribing since I post new content every week -https://bit.ly/2YIVMAK

Sean Kelley

Thanks for the thoughtful reply! I was able to transform my dealership under these strategies. I know people don’t know what they don’t know. I’m hoping some other automotive leaders can share how mastering coaching has impacted their business. I think it’s a knowing challenge!

Christian Younggren

Sean,

What is your biggest challenge in helping other learn what they dont know?

Bart Wilson

@Sean, great question.  We should ask premier athletes.  Don't they all have coaches?

Chris K Leslie

We all need our own cheerleaders to a certain degree and we all need coaches. 

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 69 Ratings
Company: Elead
100%  Recommended Recom'd 25 Ratings
Company: MAX Digital
100%  Recommended Recom'd 21 Ratings
Company: TradePending
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Outsell

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps