Yelp Reviews

Maddy Low

"Yelp" can be a four letter word to some dealerships.  How do you combat "not recommended" reviews in your store?

Chris K Leslie

I stil do my best to respond to reviews as often as they come in. Regardless if they are recommended or not. With the way that reviews are now showing up in search on the right hand side. It's important to have a good mix of reviews and responses. I don't think more is better though and would prefer to have less reviews overall. 

Jennifer Bourgeois

I guess I am a little confused. Well not confused as much as curious;-) We all know the filters Yelp uses for recommended reviews from customers are inclusive of many conditions we have absolutely no control over...1st time users, reviewer not having a complete profile,  profile not linked to SM, originating IP not within "area" of business as Yelp would say...etc. Other than engaging with your reviewers as much as possible, as Chris said, replying to every review and of course having your business profile as complete as possible, what the heck else is there that we can do? 

Joel  Mandelbaum

Reviews are a double edged sword, the problem is that companies have no way of controlling reviews online.  Further to that, by sending the client to post a review on a third party website, the client loses the value of that content to the actual platform.  In the eyes of search engines, wherever content is published first, that website gets the ranking "juice". This is why Yelp is worth over 3 Billion, Trip Advisor 12 Billion etc.  All of these platforms are just empty shells without you and I posting, in essence, they are stealing content and becoming very rich doing so.  Companies do not have the wherewithall to post reviews on their website that will be recognized by the search engines and help to rank those good reviews organically.

We just launched a platform that enables the client to own and control their reviews while engaging with their customers, enabling them to have a place to review.  Our clients own and control the review.  In addition, it will help bump down the negative reviews when someone types into Google "your company name + reviews". There are actual 3rd party platforms that will intentionally write a bad review in hopes it will show up under your name. They charge thousands to have it "removed", then they publish another one which will damage your reputation and your sales.

Our platform can be seen at: www.verview.com

Looking forward to anyone's thoughts on our technology.

David O

Although the damage is done, read Yelp's content guidelines thoroughly and flag the bad reviews with an exaggerated view of a content guideline violation. It works about 60% of the time. Reply to the rest of the people with a good explanation of the problem, an acknowledgement of their concern and a resolution for future patrons. This message is not intended on helping the bad reviewer, but to let everyone else reading the bad review to see that you cared enough to resolve any future problems. Simply replying back "please call me, etc" does nothing for any future customers. 

Kristy Elliott

Yelp is totally a 4 letter word to me.  As many others have said, we treat the reviews just like those on other sites and respond to all of them - recommended or not.  The one thing I will NOT do is spend my valuable advertising money with Yelp.

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

99%  Recommended Recom'd 101 Ratings
Company: TradePending
98%  Recommended Recom'd 97 Ratings
Company: Elead
96%  Recommended Recom'd 33 Ratings
Company: MAX Digital
96%  Recommended Recom'd 25 Ratings