BDC Benchmarks-A Wider Sample of Averages

Anthony Sadosky

I have been working in BDC for just short of a decade. I am now an Internet Manager. I am familiar with several schools of thought on different benchmarks for a BDC. I would like to see if I can get more of a handle on how different dealers, BDC Managers, Internet Managers, and the like actually measure success for their department.

I myself came from a centralized BDC Environment. We had 8 brands, two physical locations, a team of 4 and a team of 3 for either locale, taking in all inbound calls, leads, the ability to jump into live chat, and a responsibility to data-mine Service, Equity, and Lease Retention Customers, on a weekly or daily basis, as well as the responsibility to do showroom follow-up on walk-ins if Sales Teams did not. Each Team member was allotted roughly 300 fresh leads/mo. and would answer an average of 125-250 inbound per month. Our daily requirements were something like this: 80-100 Calls (they included inbound calls (which we have decided not to send to BDC for now due to training) texts in that for a while but then regressed, however i personally believe that you should include them or at least subtract from total calls for a texting benchmark),  60+ emails, 40 contacts, 8-10 appointments.

Currently, until we progress, I am a one man show in charge of all inbound internet leads as well as other managerial and supervisory responsibilities, until such time as I build a team of 2-3. I have another one man show working on all Service, Equity, and Lease Retention Customers. The salesfloor is still answering phone-ups (however, it will soon be changed).

Since beginning work, at this dealership in this new role as a Manager, it seems I have been physically/mentally feeling as though I do as much if not more than I did at a Centralized BDC as a Lead BDR. My results are interesting. So far, I have increased INTERNET SALES by a factor of 2 and total sales under the rooftop are up 29-30%.

However, I am finding that I can no longer reach the numbers I once had. I am seeing an average of 42 Emails/Day, 19 Calls/Day, and 14 Texts/Day. That said, again I am of the school that you should count texts and calls together, being as how customers are more responsive to it. With a simple goal of 50 emails, 20 calls, and 20 texts I set for myself, I do not see why with my experience, I am not shattering those numbers.

I feel it could be something to do with being a one rooftop situation at a Luxury Dealer, in which case I am very interested in other luxe dealers numbers. Please respond with your BDC Sizes and averages. I thank anyone who sees this for your time!

Morgan Hardy

We have multiple brands but our luxury brand does not have nearly the volume. We have a four-person BDC for three brands and of course used cars. Each rep works about 300 leads each month, we take the inbound phone-ups as well. Our stats are based on percentages. We take into consideration the bad leads and do not include those in final numbers. Our goal is to have a 70% show rate on appointments set with phone leads weighing more. We definitely have our much slower months but usually end up with at least a 60% show rate. We are currently setting about 30%. We had divided responsibility so that one rep did lease end, one did service equity, etc. 

Anthony Sadosky

I am hitting my percentage goals. sitting at 58% set, 65% show, 50% sold. I'm wondering about your daily goals. Calls/day, APPT Set/day, Texts/day, Emails/day? What do you hold your BDRs accountable for?

Morgan Hardy

@Anthony - we don't actually have a daily goal. It can vary based on how busy we are. However, we do have to have a 90% completion rate of all tasks. There are obvious red flags if calls/texts/emails aren't being done but we have some days where a rep will make 80+ calls and some days where they make 40. In order to get our bonus at the end of each month, all tasks must be completed.

Suggested Discussions

Last reply by Mark Rask
Last reply by Mark Rask
forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Outsourced BDC Services Products

99%  Recommended Recom'd 365 Ratings
Company: Elead
100%  Recommended Recom'd 6 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 3 Ratings
Company: Hammer Drive