BDC benchmarks/expectations

Glenn Jones

So I am at a Nissan Store. I was in sales about 5 years, when I took over the Internet Sales Manager role at my current store about 6 months ago. I was given no formal training. The Person who was supposed to show me the ropes and pass the torch was hell bent on getting out of the role and moving on to sales manager, and not too eager on making sure i was 100% ready. So I told management I was Ready to go, to get him out of my hair, and pretty much had to wing it.

We went from two of us following up, handling all new leads in our dealership. To moving into a bigger office and expanding to 4 BDC agents, plus myself. our store is currently getting about 1800 good leads a month at the moment due to our pricing/advertising. We have almost quadrupled the net profit in our store and almost doubled the amount of retail units since I took over our Int Dept, however I am more than willing to admit that alot of that is our GM changing the culture of the store. All good things of course, however as Im expanding the department its come to my attention that I am not tracking every thing that I should be. 

What are the most important metrics i should be keeping tabs on? What reports should be run daily, monthly, and weekly?

What standards should a BDC agent be held to as far as shown %, set %, etc.. I am getting a lot of conflicting info in doing my research on the matter.

I am in the process of restructuring the pay plan in favor of our agents, and am trying to identify what exactly the qualifiers should be in said pay plan.

Thanks all!

Morgan Hardy

I always make sure that all the bad leads are removed/moved to a different category before the end of the month so that they do not count in your monthly stats. Our phone ups weigh more than our internet leads. We are expected to have a 70% show rate collectively to get our monthly bonus. Individually, our commission is based on a scale with a minimum of 20 shows/10 solds and going up to 40 shows/20 solds, and so on. 

Mark Rask

Morgan do you mind sharing your pay plan with me?

Morgan Hardy

Sure, I can send a copy to you. 

Featured Masters

No members found

Outsourced BDC Services Products

0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Elead

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product