Cars.com Leads And Connections

Michael Smith

Is anyone else having issues reaching cars.com leads?  Over the last 90 days we have had over 300 leads yet have only been able to connect with 32%.  This is running well below Carguru at 51% and Autotrader at 59%.  The vast majority are vin specific vehicle leads.  

Tony Ferrigno

Yes we have the same exact issue.  I have never been a fan of cars.com but they always come back to us and offer a lower price to come back but the lead quality seems to be the worst of any vendor.  Worst problem is a lot of the ones we do get in the door have horrific credit.  I don’t know what there doing to drive traffic to us but it’s definitely low quality. 

Ricky Patrick

When I used them last, I had a conspiracy theory that they were creating fake leads to bump the lead count up. I just have a hard time believing that the contact rates can be that drastically different without some shenanigans.

Michael Smith

Ricky I am leaning that way and an analytics consultant I am working with has the same theory. 

Bart Wilson

Do the leads come over with the same information as a CarGurus or Autotrader lead?

Michael Smith

Bart the vast majority are coming from our listings on their website and in a similar fashion to Cargurus and AT.  

Suggested Discussions

Ben Stewart
by Ben Stewart
Last reply by Mark Rask

Featured Masters

No members found

Outsourced BDC Services Products

99%  Recommended Recom'd 283 Ratings
Company: ELEAD1ONE
100%  Recommended Recom'd 6 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 4 Ratings
Company: Hammer Drive