Conversica

Aaron Berg

Has anyone had experience with Conversica? I believe it was formally known as Meet Ava. Thanks!

Jason Stum

Hey Aaron, back in my dealership days we used the product when it was known as Ava. After testing it out for a couple of months, we ultimately decided that people and process was the answer for us - not a computer program.

Conversica seems to get brought up here on the forums quite a bit and I'm sure the Conversica reps will be replying to your question shortly to offer their 2 cents (they do that here....ALOT). Here are a couple older threads covering the same topic. 

http://www.drivingsales.com/forums/general-mgt/what-are-your-thoughts-on-ava

http://www.drivingsales.com/forums/marketing/conversica-artificial-intelligence-or-real-stupid

Hope that helps, cheers!

Chris K Leslie

I'm surprised we havent heard from them yet. Maybe their AI called in sick today. 

Colin

LOL!!!

Emily Hayes

We used them for a two years and recently cancelled.  Our biggest complaint from customers was we were emailing too frequently ( you almost need to cut off any contact other than by phone for it not to be too frequently) and it is confusing that multiple people from the store are contacting them.  The biggest benefit is catching and addressing issues with our sales team.  The complaints outweighed the benefit to us.  Another thing we noticed is that for "uncontacted" leads or people we never got a response by phone or email,  the 1st 5 emails sent from them just ask did you get our email.  Not an incredibly compelling reason to reply!

Joseph Davis

We use Conversica and they are one of our best vendors.  For those saying, "just demo the product and steal the templates..." clearly do not get the point of using a company like Conversica. 

To address the concern about too many emails going out...Any good Internet Director, GSM, GM will always evaluate their internet lead handling process.  When using Conversica,  there will be more emails going out to clients (theirs plus your emails). 

It is important to look at your process and see where you can make changes so that Conversica compliments your process.  We did away with a number of emails we sent out because they became redundant.  You also have the ability to stop your AI from sending emails to certain clients...though, the AI will know when you have established 2 way communication and will stop sending request to contact emails when that happens.  The emails that go out at that point will simply ask the client if they received the information they needed and then it will stop emailing altogether. 

Here are some (not all) of the reasons I have used them for the past 2 years (and will continue to use them):

1)  Real time feedback on how well my Internet Team is answering leads.  If one of my Internet Team members fails to respond to a lead or does not answer the questions asked in the lead, I get an immediate notification when the client responds (Lead at Risk).  This allows me to easily monitor the sales staff that are wasting leads and those that are actually working leads.

I also get a notification on leads that are close to buying (hot lead).  This allows me to make sure we are on top of those leads and are working them more vigorously.

2)  Engagement Reporting.  One of the hardest things to track is how well your lead sources are engaging with your staff.  Sure you can measure close ratios and appointments; however, it is very important to measure your engagement.  I have fired multiple 3rd party vendors because the leads they were providing where not engaging with our sales staff.

If you take the time to measure engagement, you'll soon find out how much time your team is wasting on leads that never answer back.  If you lose those vendors and shift the money to another vendor that provides higher engaging leads, you WILL sell more!

3)  CRM Email problems.  We found out that we had a major issue with our emails not being delivered to our clients.  Our Conversica AI's emails would deliver, but the emails we sent from our CRM would not.  We didn't even know we had this problem until we received a large number of responses to our AI stating that they never received an email from us (I verified that we did in fact send the emails)

If you are ultimately looking for a "set it and forget it solution;"  this is not it.  Then again, if that's the kind of manager your are...you are in the wrong position.  You need to be active and engaged with your sales teams and your internet leads handling process.

Featured Masters

No members found

Outsourced BDC Services Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 468 Ratings
Company: ELEAD1ONE
100%  Recommended Recom'd 6 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
Company: Strolid, Inc
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
Company: Hammer Drive

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product