service bdc

Mark Rask

What percentage of your total available appts for a given day do you feel should be scheduled by your agents?

Chris K Leslie

that’s a good question. I’ll have to see what historically it’s been and get back to you. 

Joe Tareen

Mark if the phone trees and call roll back rules are setup correctly, then I would say aboyt 85 percent of appointments should be booked by a Service BDC agent. The key here is not to route non-appointment calls to Service BDC agents like "status" and etc.

Greg Wells

Mark we book  service appointments for dealers and find between 65%-75% of the dealers overall appointments set are set by the BDC. The rest are set by advisors. Sometimes that's perfectly ok. It may be happening while the customer is in the lane or a customer has a relationship with the advisor and wants to work with them throughout the process. Which I think is a good thing.

The other side of BDC absorption is what percentage of calls does the BDC receive that they shouldn't have received, and here as well, we see about 75% of the calls we get are true appointment opportunities.

What works the best in our experience are well trained receptionist at the dealership that screen callers effectively. Our client with the highest BDC absorption is at 75% and they screen callers very effectively.

Bart Wilson

@Greg, are your dealerships seeing this on inbound only or do they apply to outbound service BDC follow up?  For example, declined service or schedule maintenance calls?

Joe Tareen

@Greg Wells & Mark:

This is the key:Greg Wells wrote "What works the best in our experience are well trained receptionist at the dealership that screen callers effectively. Our client with the highest BDC absorption is at 75% and they screen callers very effectively."

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Outsourced BDC Services Products

99%  Recommended Recom'd 271 Ratings
Company: Elead
100%  Recommended Recom'd 6 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 4 Ratings
Company: Hammer Drive
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps