Split Deals?

Derrick Woolfson

Do you split deals? If so, how do you manage that? We have had instances where if we were to split the deal it could make or break the sales consultants commission tier. 

Derrick Woolfson

@Jeff, that is good to have a system in place, as it can create/cause a lot of controversies. 

Derrick Woolfson

@Bart, I am fond of the CRM as well. With my last auto group, the customer had to be in the CRM, and we had a 72hr policy as well. However, if the customer was in the CRM let's say 2-3 months ago, and the last contact was recently (as they completed the work-flow) then we would still allow them to work with the customer. 

Derrick Woolfson

@Chris, agreed! However, unless they sold 16+ cars the percentage of gross was very, very low. So for those who sold 15, they would ask to split 2 deals to make a check. In order to get a flat volume bonus, you had to have sold 20+ units. Hopefully, they changed the pay plan. 

Marie Nies

We've had clients that do and they track them by writing it up on the bill of sale and/or on the deal jacket just incase for some reason the bill of sale was misplaced. 

Derrick Woolfson

@Marie, that makes sense! I say that because I have had instances where a manager would delete a sales consultant on the lead. It is amazing how far some will go to manipulate the CRM. 

Suggested Discussions

Chad DeSelms
by Chad DeSelms
Last reply by Mark Rask
forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Outsourced BDC Services Products

99%  Recommended Recom'd 276 Ratings
Company: ELEAD1ONE
100%  Recommended Recom'd 6 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 4 Ratings