What changes should we expect in automotive retailing in the next 5 years?

Anil T

Technology disrupts every business models day by day. What should we expect in dealership business in the next five years? 

Jared Perkins

How about online retailing through Dealer Inspire's Online Shopper? This tool is revolutionizing what dealerships have the capability to reach shoppers, not in the dealership and greatly adds to the user experience. 

https://www.dealerinspire.com/online-shopper/

Dealer Guy

How do you go through the  DS online shopper or Drive Motors or any like them, and as the CUSTOMER, know you are getting the best deal? Isn't that one of the PRIMARY objections, so how does this amazing, wish we had done this forever (sarcastic), tech combat THOSE questions?!!!

Anil T

Digital retailing is already here and many players are already in the market including GoGoCar. Any other trends do you see? 

Dealer Guy

Jared,

This is tech that could obviously be constructed by anyone with coding skills (stackexchange.com) to produce a similar experience, so why would a dealer want to pay $1500-$3,000 a month for the "shopping widget" when we can own the code and scale up as needed? I ran a similar feature on our website for 30 days, it's not something we saw people clamoring for to be frank - leads took a deep dive, then recovered after we removed the BUY IT NOW code. And this type of online gimmicks has never been brought up by a customer in the showroom - so what parts of the country is this really helping? How about my best price question - how do they know they are getting the best deal and if you can't get the customer to accept the price, what good is this when they will come in and you literally have to go over everything: credit app needs to get filled out, used car manager still needs to see the trade and approve the guestimate you gave online. So it's a little troubling for me because you guys are pushing so hard for this, but on my end, the customers don't want it, yet, at least in NY.

Jared Perkins

Dealer Guy, Online Shopper allows you to explore payment options from credit app, to working with dealerships local banks to get financing through the interface, as well as choosing warranties, accessories and valuing your trade-in. As far as the PRIMARY objective goes, they can see the bottom dollar of the monthly and overall pricing/loan details before making the purchase.

I like to think of it as a more informed analysis of purchase process rather than just looking at VDP pricing. Can still research MSRP and incentives all you want through any other websites, but as far as the bottom dollar and all the details, OS has that covered.

Featured Masters

No members found

Outsourced BDC Services Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 492 Ratings
Company: ELEAD1ONE
100%  Recommended Recom'd 6 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
Company: Strolid, Inc
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product
Can’t find what you're looking for?