Why is still hard to send Videos?

Derrick Woolfson

While there are so many apps & vendors to send videos out there - it still seems to be a "lengthy" process! (a 20-minute ordeal) And while the vendors offer how *easy* to use their apps are (which some are easy, yes) - it is still very hard to integrate many of the apps into the CRMs! 

We are trying to do walkarounds just using YouTube, and embedding it into the emails, which seems to be working well for us! Takes out all the extra middleman work. I know a lot of vendors "tout" that they have AMAZING intro & outro videos, BUT so do WE. Honestly, SO much easier to use windows media maker (eww) or Apple's iMovie (yes!), and add the walkaround video - BOOM. DONE. 

It relieves the pain of trying to load the video from the app to the CRM or in some cases - send the customer a video from the app, which is not shown in the CRM! Making it difficult to work with! Or worst of all - your dealer's wi-fi loads at 10MPS, and you do not have cell reception. 

How are you doing videos? Is YouTube the best way to go? 

Scott Larrabee

I try to make at least one video a day for my Facebook page and I love using Apple's iMovie!

Chris K Leslie

DealerSockets mobile app allows you to make and send video from the email editor. The nice thing is that it will play inside the email too rather than taking someone over to YouTube. 

Video is as hard as you want it to be. 

Scott Larrabee

Video playing inside the email, Brilliant sign me up! :-)

Derrick Woolfson

@ Scott - we use Apple iMovie as well! @ Chris - I hard code the you-tube video in the email. So as soon as you open the email the video starts playing. I think for me, honestly, the frustration is more or less in the amount of time it takes to get the video loaded. And so many vendors promise the world with their apps, BUT they fall flat on executing the integration and ease of use. I need to look at DealerSocket, though!! That would make life a lot easier haha!

David Sharp

It doesn't have to be hard.  We use BombBomb through Elise Kephart and it is very easy to use with Vin, plus you get all kinds of tracking capability as well.  (As an analytics guy, I love that aspect.)  I know that she has developed ways to make it work well with most CRMs.  If you are really ready to step up your game, BombBomb is the way to go.  There are many vendors for BombBomb, but Elise is the best in my opinion!

Featured Masters

No members found

Outsourced BDC Services Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 483 Ratings
Company: ELEAD1ONE
100%  Recommended Recom'd 6 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
Company: Strolid, Inc
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product
Can’t find what you're looking for?