4 Local SEO Tactics To Build Your Brick And Mortar Dealership

Andrew James

I came across this video from Neil Patel, co-founder of KISSmetrics and Hello Bar, in which he talks about local SEO strategies. I think it's worth watching, and I adapted the tips for dealerships below.

1. Google My Business – Make sure your dealership listing is claimed, that the information is correct and complete, and that you update the information regularly. This includes your hours of operation, phone number and interior and exterior photos.

2. Get Reviews – Make sure you ask your customers to rate their experience on Google, and that you respond to the reviews (good and bad).

3. Optimize Your Website For Google – If you’re working with a vendor, ensure the vendor is creating an optimized experience for website visitors. This includes writing unique title tags and descriptions for each page, and making sure photos of your inventory show up in an image search.

4. Google Search Console – Use this free tool to identify any Google Search issues, and the specific errors they’re finding. Submit your website’s sitemap, and choose a target region for Google’s index.

What would you add to this list? Leave a comment below:

Mark  Nicholson

Keep in mind that when it comes to search that links are everything. But for local, you have to be on the watch for vendors that try to generate monthly recurring revenue (MRR) by having clients pay to keep links created. While registering for GMB and reviews play a big part of local search, as with any form of SEO, links make up a significantly influential part of finding success.

Amanda Gordon

Good stuff, I feel like these are implementations I could do myself. Thank you Andrew!!!

Chris K Leslie

Yeah these are things you can totally do yourself. 

Mark Rask

These basics have got to be covered

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 2 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Orbee Auto
100%  Recommended Recom'd 33 Ratings
Company: Elead

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps