513: 129 Cars

Chris K Leslie
I haven't seen anyone post this yet. So I thought I would. If someone else already then my bad... I am curious to know what you think of this particular episode of "This American Life" "We spend a month at a Jeep dealership on Long Island as they try to make their monthly sales goal: 129 cars. If they make it, they'll get a huge bonus from the manufacturer, possibly as high as $85,000 — enough to put them in the black for the month. If they don't make it, it'll be the second month in a row. So they pull out all the stops " http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/513/
mark rask
Good stuff!
Larry Schlagheck
A saw this some time last year and actually took the time to listen to the entire show (74+ minutes!). I thought it was well done and captured a lot of what dealers have to monitor each and every month: arbitrary factory goals, personnel issues, lost deals, etc. If I recall the dealership thought it had met the monthly goal only to learn that it was one or two deliveries short. It's worth a listen if you can find the time.
Grant Gooley
Interesting! Im checking this out. Thanks for sharing.
Megan Barto
I haven't heard of this before - thanks for sharing! :-)

Featured Masters

No members found

Other Marketing Solutions Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 2 Ratings
Company: Outsell
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
Company: DealerSuccess
Company: DealerSuccess
Company: MAXDigital

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps