Are you doing conquest marketing?

Bart Wilson

How do you feel about conquest marketing?  What have you found works best?

Mark Rask

It doesn't have the best return rate but we have to do it 

Derrick Woolfson

I am a fan of it, and we have found that geo-fencing some of our direct competitors has worked out well. And while I was not always a fan of conquest marketing for the fixed-ops side of the business. One of the campaigns we have been running with regards to an oil change has worked out very well. In turn, not just giving us more appointments, but the ability to upsell other products, too. The biggest thing was to ensure that our form of "conquesting" had a clear strategy - as well as ensuring that our staff was aware of the campaign. 

Mark Rask

We are actually tarting do this for service as well 

Chris K Leslie

It can get costly if you are targetting customers who have never done business with you. But i've always looked at conquest as including Serviced not Sold customers. We do alot through vehicle exchange(y) programs as well as look for opportunities to sell service contracts in the drive. 

Derrick Woolfson

Chris, how many cars do you sell through the x-change program? I have found that we might do 10-15 vehicles a month. However, to be fair 3-4 of them already had requested a "test drive," and/or had already submitted a lead on a vehicle. In the last 2-3 years, I have seen a decrease in the number of customers looking to exchange their vehicle into a newer one. And in many cases, those who have had their cars even for as much as four-five years are still flipped. 

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

94%  Recommended Recom'd 39 Ratings
Company: Edmunds
98%  Recommended Recom'd 96 Ratings
Company: TradePending
100%  Recommended Recom'd 28 Ratings
Company: AutoLoop
93%  Recommended Recom'd 15 Ratings