Coronavirus Dealer Relief - TrueCar just cut our rates by half for April. Who's next?

Dan Sayer

I'm sure many of you received the email yesterday regarding TrueCar's move to offer some relief to dealers during this uncertain time. This was the core message from CEO Mike Darrow:

At TrueCar, we recognize the hardship that the COVID-19 disruption is imposing on our valued Dealer partners. We want to help your Dealership mitigate that hardship by offering a proactive value-of-service adjustment for April, and therefore we will be reducing your April invoice by 50%. You don’t need to do anything to get this adjustment.

I would hope others follow with a similar offer or even pause billing altogether for those stores that have closed their Sales departments.
Has anyone received a similar message from their vendor or agencies?

Dan Sayer

Oops, Cargurus also sent this yesterday. Was in Spam:

Whatever your situation is, we're committed to trying to give you the support you need to reach your best possible results during this challenging time. To that end:

• We are giving you 50% off of your fees for listings and display services provided in April. You don't need to ask - we'll apply this reduction to all dealers in the US. If you have additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact your account manager.
  • Your subscription will still be active, your contract with us will remain effective, and you will continue to receive leads, but as buyer activity has slowed, we expect significantly lower volumes.
  •  
Dan Sayer

Edmunds just followed suit:

As a valued partner, we will be implementing a 50% discount for the month of April. Your subscription services will remain active and fully supported by our team, but we anticipate some decline in exposure during this period.

Mark Rask

Edmunds just one out as well

Bart Wilson

I love this thread.  Let's keep it going.  What are your vendors doing in response to this pandemic?

Matteo Batelli

I also received the same e-mails Cargurus, Truecar and Edmunds %50 off. Floor Plan companies Nextgear, AFC have to do some postpone payments also. If there is no cash flow, businesses will be in risk.

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 4 Ratings
98%  Recommended Recom'd 97 Ratings
Company: TradePending
98%  Recommended Recom'd 98 Ratings
Company: Elead
97%  Recommended Recom'd 34 Ratings
Company: MAX Digital

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product