Dealerships not being given access to AdWords account?

Mark Hoffman

I'm curious how many dealers have been refused access to an AdWords account from their agency? What are the reasons that you're given? What is your dealership's policy on this?

I strongly believe that a dealership should not only have full access to the AdWords account being used for their PPC, but that they should own the AdWords account itself and simply give the agency access to it. I've recently run into a few scenarios where an agency would not give my dealer's access to the AdWords account, claiming that it would reveal their "secret sauce" to a successful PPC campaign. I'm a firm believer that reputable vendors should value transparency as much as the dealer, and I'm a bit puzzled why any dealers would accept such an arrangement. 

For any agencies here; do you provide dealers access to Adwords? If not, what is the reason?

Tori Zinger

@Brad Paschal just posted this article about things to do before bringing on digital marketing vendors, and making sure you own your data is #3.

Brad Paschal

If they won't give you admin access to you adwords they are not transparent.  Look for another vendor.

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

96%  Recommended Recom'd 33 Ratings
Company: Edmunds
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Foureyes
99%  Recommended Recom'd 100 Ratings
Company: TradePending
100%  Recommended Recom'd 28 Ratings