Ebay Local

David Hensley, Jr.

We have been using Ebay Local for the last 2 years and it seems to just not be producing quality leads.

Anyone else still using ebay local?

Any tips on lead generation?

Thankful for any feedback!

David Zotti

Are you referring to eBay's classified package that shows your inventory on eBay or the former eBay local site that is separate from eBay? 

eBay in general does not get a lot of automotive traffic for selling cars (great for parts sales) but it does have its purpose for unique circumstances like rare cars, but on a national level. However, both local solutions do not have enough dominance or automotive traffic to generate quality leads. 

If you're referring to eBay's local classified solution that will show your inventory to nearby customer along with national auctions on the eBay Motors site. It only shows your inventory within a 50-mile radius to a customer searching for that particular car which can be a rare occurrence in most cases. Even then, a buyer searching on eBay usually has different intentions and may be looking for one of those killer auction steals or a specialty version of that car. 

Now if you're referring to the former eBay Local which is completely separate from the actual eBay site and basically a Craigslist alternative. That site is now something different called Close5, and not very many people know of its existence. Hence low leads, any leads that do come from that are likely to be the similar to a Craigslist lead. 

Times have really changed within the past 2 years for the automotive industry in the advertising sector, and eBay sadly has not changed much. With new tools like digital retailing becoming available making a much easier buying experience online, classifieds like Autotrader becoming more innovative, SEO, mobile display, and social media becoming huge. It's time to drop eBay and invest your advertising dollars elsewhere into the latest trends. 

Chris K Leslie

I'm not very familiar with the program. But, I can say that our used car managers have never brought it up either. 

Sean Kelley

We tried it out for a few months, had little to no success with it. We tried to cancel and had a very hard time to get them to stop the billing. There were all sorts of wierd extra fees they didnt really tell us about up front. I recomend finding a better source of internet leads. Post rare or special cars on ebay one at a time when they come in.

Sean Kelley

We tried it out for a few months, had little to no success with it. We tried to cancel and had a very hard time to get them to stop the billing. There were all sorts of wierd extra fees they didnt really tell us about up front. I recomend finding a better source of internet leads. Post rare or special cars on ebay one at a time when they come in.

mark rask

I tried some e bay stuff a while back.....didnt work for us

Featured Masters

No members found

Other Marketing Solutions Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 2 Ratings
Company: Outsell
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
Company: DealerSuccess
Company: DealerSuccess