FAQ Page: Should Your Dealership Website Have One?

Andrew James

Google Small Business offers tips on answering Frequently Asked Questions on a website:

Why Have An FAQ Page?
Nick Scarpino, author and account executive at Google, says a website FAQ page gives your customers the opportunity to get answers to their frequently asked questions 24 hours a day, and may actually save you time because if a customer wants to contact you with a question, they may find the answer without even needing to call.

A Frequently Asked Questions page also improves the efficiency of running the dealership, since you don't have to answer the same questions over and over. It also gives you the opportunity to highlight the benefits, features and selling points of your dealership over competitors.

How Do You Collect Info For An FAQ Page?
– Have the receptionist collect questions when they answer the phone, and write down the answers.
– Review all the questions, and see which ones have been asked the most. Then post those questions and answers to the FAQ page

How Do You Visually Present An FAQ Page?
– Make sure there's separation between the question and the answer, either with headlines or a different font size.
– Frequently Asked Questions should go on its own page, but if that's not possible, place then on the "Contact Us" page.

Do All Dealerships Need An FAQ Page?
No, but make sure the questions that customers have are answered somewhere on the website.

How do you answer Frequently Asked Questions?

Derrick Woolfson

This is great, @Andrew! Customers would love this sort of page for a dealer website. But from my experience, it is "taboo" to put too much information on the site. I think it is a mistake, however. Anything to guide the customer through the purchasing process is great! 

Mark @ Autobahn Academy

I don't agree with the FAQ page, but maybe who can answer what type of inquiry? People calling in dealerships are confused and are having trouble reaching the right person on the first attempt sometimes. Great question for sure.

Chris K Leslie

I've always thought Carmax does a great job with this like on this page. 

https://www.carmax.com/car-buying-process

Mark Dubis

Truly customer focused dealers should have an FAQ or  Q&A page to answer the common questions about car buying and shopping. It's a great way to differentiate yourself from the competition.  Most dealers sites are missing marketing opportunities without a blog or FAQ page.   

Andrew James

Very true Mark! There's also the advantage of ranking for a ton of long-tail keywords on the FAQ page. Voice searches through Alexa and Siri tend to be more question based, so the page has a good chance of supplying those answers.

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

98%  Recommended Recom'd 68 Ratings
Company: TradePending
100%  Recommended Recom'd 28 Ratings
Company: AutoLoop
93%  Recommended Recom'd 15 Ratings
Company: CarGurus
92%  Recommended Recom'd 14 Ratings
Company: MAXDigital

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps