Free Trials

Chris K Leslie

Why don't more vendors offer free trials or have demo dashboards us dealers can use to play with their stuff? 

Derrick Woolfson

@Chris, you are preaching to the choir! I have asked this same question multiple times. Most of the responses I have gotten from vendors is that their information is "proprietary." The argument/frustration I have with that is more often than not the demo barely scratches the surface to what the product can and cannot do. Not to mention, it's like how can you say you can increase revenue, etc. if I do not fully understand your product, nor can you should actual examples. At the very least, they should have a dummy account for the dealer to use.  

Derrick Woolfson

Another thing they need to do is have better websites. Most vendors sites have very poor explanations of their product. Other than a simple video with "stats" of other clients. If vendors just took dealer video testimonials on "common issues" and did a campaign on that I imagine it would do very well. 

Chris K Leslie

Isn't it funny how many vendors preach that dealers need to be more transparent yet their websites are so thin its hard to find what they even do. 

Paul Rushing

The reason you don't see free trials in automotive is  that the true decision maker is absent from the conversation.

All free trials you see in other verticals ask for billing info, credit cards, when the trial is started with automated billing on day x.

Offering trials on that basis in automotive would be a complete waste of bandwidth for the one offering the trial.

Derrick Woolfson

I disagree, Paul. That might be the case for some. But that is not the case for me, I have a budget - with a company card - so long I am not going over my budget, it's my decision. Not to mention, BDC Managers/Marketing Managers usually vet a product before bringing it to the Owner or GM. Otherwise, yes then it would be a waste of time because you have roughly 2-4 minutes to pitch a product without losing their interest/attention. 

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

95%  Recommended Recom'd 40 Ratings
Company: Edmunds
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Driven Data
98%  Recommended Recom'd 91 Ratings
Company: TradePending
100%  Recommended Recom'd 28 Ratings