Good reads?

Carly Bronikowski

What books have been influential to you for automotive marketing?

Bart Wilson

Wow.  Where to start?  I'm a big fan of anything Seth Godin writes.  It's not automotive-specific, but his books can help you define and articulate your brand.

Drew Delaware

I second Bart's recommendation - I'm also a big Seth Godin fan, and follow his blog religiously. His recent book "This is Marketing" is a great place to start.

A few other books to consider:
- Impossible to Ignore by Karen Simon
- Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
- Hacking Marketing by Scott Brinker

I'm a big believer that humanizing the digital experience, along with great copywriting, are the two biggest impacts we can make in tier 3 automotive - so these book suggestions reflect that. It's a challenging space to be a marketer, as there is less flexibility for marketers to advance a long-term strategy. Much of today's marketing literature presumes you have more freedom. But constraints breed creativity! And hence, the opportunity within a tier 3 marketing role.

With manufacturers not providing advance calendars, and the tug between manufacturer brand and dealership competition, it's challenging to move from reactivity to proactivity. But if you can differentiate your stores through a distinctly human, personal approach, and methodically test and measure for audience response - I believe it's possible to make a substantial difference. Hope these books help inspire that.

Enjoy! And I'll be monitoring this thread to see what other books are recommended. :)

Morgan Hardy

"You Are A Badass Every Day" by Jen Sincero. Not specifically automotive related but motivational! Also, Dale Carnegie (although old school), has a lot of great advice for those in sales. 

Mark Rask

these are great ideas!

Ben Weaver

Another non automotive one - Building a StoryBrand by Donald Miller is pretty amazing. It really helps you put structure to your messaging and tell a clear story with your marketing content. 

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 4 Ratings
99%  Recommended Recom'd 101 Ratings
Company: TradePending
98%  Recommended Recom'd 98 Ratings
Company: Elead
97%  Recommended Recom'd 34 Ratings
Company: MAX Digital

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product