Has anyone found success on snapchat?

Travis Williams

How are you using it in your marketing? Has it been effective?

Derrick Woolfson

We have not had success with it. I would be interested to see if anyone has? I have not been able to find a way to make it relevant for the dealership. Wherein, while most people do not delete apps off of their phones, it does not mean they use it. And while a user is certainly likely to use SnapChat, they are less likely to take interest in continuing to follow the dealership after they have purchased or serviced their car. Even for me, after I purchased my vehicle at the dealership, I do not check their social media out, or follow their Instagram page. If anything, I might check their website to see if they have a special at the time I am needing service. 

Brittany Crutchfield

As a 22-year old, I'm nowhere near purchasing a car from a dealership, unless I'm paying cash on a used car. That's what I've done for the three cars I've had, and I've always planned on doing that for the rest of my life.

With that being said, a Nissan Kicks was advertised when I was scrolling through Instagram that actually made me want to finance a new car. I didn't, but it 100% caught my eye and if I was another person my age I might would've.

Martins Ville

Great for brands with deep pockets, but I can't every see snap as a bread and butter market for anyone in this industry.

Bart Wilson

Seems like more of a branding play.

Brent Albrecht

I just met with a Snapchat Rep at the Digital Dealer show this week.  She explained they now have a much more advanced ad management system, similar to how Facebook's would work, and allows a dealer to target people in their local market, and target in market auto shoppers.  We have not tried it yet, but sounds interesting and we could potentially pilot it with a store and see how it works so stay tuned.

Suggested Discussions

Bart Wilson
by Bart Wilson
Last reply by Bart Wilson
forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

96%  Recommended Recom'd 33 Ratings
Company: Edmunds
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Foureyes