Importance of Reviews?

Drew Bettiol

How much does Reviews for a dealership impact visibility on google or even traffic to the site? I see 3rd party companies stressing that reviews are the difference in why you're not getting X amount of leads but is that true? 

Mallory Hughes

In my experience, reviews are a great research tool for new customers. They also will help to boost your exposure on Google and then, in turn, drive more qualified leads to your website. I do not believe that all reviews necessarily relate to lead generation but detailed 4-5 star reviews will help you gain more customers in the long run.

Bart Wilson

There is also value not in lead generation, but lead validation.  A strong reputation should make your marketing perform better.  Customers are looking for third-party validation that what you say is actually true.

David Wilson

For nearly 9 in 10 consumers, an online review is as important as a personal recommendation. Customers are likely to spend 31% more on a business with “excellent” reviews. On average, a one-star increase on Yelp leads to a 5 to 9% increase in a business's revenue.

Dane Saville

I wouldn't assign a direct percentage or number in falsely creating causation between reviews and leads. There's no doubt that positive reviews help any business because, as others have said, it's like getting a personal recommendation. Cultivating those positive relationships is important.

Another aspect that, while not necessarily as important as reviews but is an important thing to track, is your GMB FAQ. You can even create a set of common questions that you can answer -- the, in an ongoing manner, check for actual consumer questions. The important thing is to be found where demand exists, and there's a growing demand on your GMB!

Bart Wilson

You make a good point on GMB.  That's only going to be more important going forward.

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

95%  Recommended Recom'd 40 Ratings
Company: Edmunds
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Driven Data
98%  Recommended Recom'd 90 Ratings
Company: TradePending
100%  Recommended Recom'd 29 Ratings