Taking Your Digital Showroom Seriously

Mark Conner

Does your dealership take its digital showroom seriously? Do you treat website VDP visits as showroom visits and then take appropriate action?

I recently came across an article in AutoNews that does a great job of highlighting the importance of making your website like a “virtual showroom,” and ways to keep prospective online customers engaged and motivated (I think it’s important to have compelling inventory photos and videos). They help guide today’s customer along their path to purchase, enhancing their experience and ultimately creating more conversions, leads and sales for the dealer.

Tori Zinger

Treating VDP visits like showroom visits. Sounds obvious but I hadn't thought about it that way before. I worked at a dealership where if someone inquired about a vehicle online, we would go outside and take a walkaround video after sending them the initial information on the vehicle. We were required to send a video for every single lead. It could get a little tedious as a busy salesperson, but honestly, it was worth it -- the customers really appreciated it, and it made our store stand out from the others in the area when it came to which dealership they decided to visit.

I agree, the photo's should show off the vehicle and the customer browsing that car online should be able to get a feel for the car by the pictures.. I have seen sites with 30 pictures of a car on it and I can't even tell if it has a sunroof or not. Think about the person looking at these pictures when you take them! Of course video is very effective, but @dealerguy is right, not many people (salespeople) take advantage of it and it's very time consuming for dealers to maintain.

Suggested Discussions

Colleen Brown
by Colleen Brown
Last reply by Scott Larrabee
forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

96%  Recommended Recom'd 28 Ratings
Company: Edmunds
100%  Recommended Recom'd 13 Ratings
Company: Foureyes