CRM Shopping is the most FRUSTRATING experience ever!

Clint Jones

I am looking for a CRM.  My requirements for this CRM are not complicated.  I don't need it to be able to analyze data every which way anyone could imagine.  I need it to be simple, with a few basic functions.

CRM
Integrated Text Messaging
Email
Multiple Pre-Set Follow Up Schedules (Sold Customer, Lost Deal, Have Not Purchased Yet, Referral, etc.)
Inventory Import
Desking, basic desking.
RouteOne, Dealer Track, CUDL
Credit Bureau
Multiple Lead Source Import
Ability to PRINT a daily work plan because I have salespeople that are not computer literate at all.

I don't need 2 Way DMS Integration.

I have talked to what feels like 50 vendors.  Some are in my price range, but are missing something.  I am an Independent dealer that sells 25 units per month.  For me to spend $1,000 a month on a CRM doesn't make sense.  

I am shocked that there isn't a system out there that can do this for $400-$500/mo.  Any advice?

Clint Jones

Shawn, call me.  402 750 3698.  I am in my office.

Mark Rask

As mentioned above the vendors rating spot on this platform is a help

Adam Shiflett

Genral bit of advice from my experience with purchasing a CRM. I've seen too many companies try to fix their internal issues with buying a new CRM. CRM companies love to sell you on the bells and whistles, but in reality the most important thing is making sure you have a CRM culture in place first.

Too many businesses think they can fix internal personnel and process problems with buying a new CRM. A year later when sales are down and all the issues are still there they think they need to buy another one. 

I applaud you on focusing on what matters for your dealership and understanding your own needs instead of being distracted by the shiney object features. 

Clint Jones

@Adam Shiflett, I appreciate the input.  

I am fortunate in that if I give my guys a list of people to get in touch with, they are on it!  They are not afraid of the telephone, and like to keep in touch with their customers.  I just need a way to systematically get the names in front of them.

I am not so foolish to think that a CRM is not going to expose other shortcomings, but I believe these can be dealt with.  The issue that I can see is going to be getting customer and contact information on every single person that comes through the door, as well as getting ALL of the contact information rather than just a name and phone number.  

Some of these systems are absolutely incredible in terms of the technology that is powering them.  

Andrew Compton

There's a cool new CRM so simple and effective called https://getbase.com/  I know some serious automotive startups that are helping them customize for dealerships.  Startig at $25 per user its a hell of a vaule.  

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Miscellaneous Products

88%  Recommended Recom'd 109 Ratings
Company: CDK Global
77%  Recommended Recom'd 74 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 8 Ratings
75%  Recommended Recom'd 4 Ratings