Do you get Vacation Guilt?

Chris K Leslie

When’s the last time you took a vacation from work? Like a real, unplugged vacation?

Derrick Woolfson

I used to feel guilty, really guilty. And without hesitation, I promised to answer calls, call in for meetings, etc. All of which made the vacation a burden. Especially when going to Europe with time zone changes; answering calls at 2-3 in the morning. 

While it is absolutely good to unplug, it also depends on the culture of the company. And my last vacation was the first time in 7 years that I truly felt I unplugged. And let me tell you, it is the *ABSOLUTE* best feeling in the world!! It truly is, and because of that when I got back, I came back with a clear mind! No more worrying about missing stuff because of not having wi-fi or planning your entire vacation days around meetings. 

Chris K Leslie

Last year we took a small cabin vacation in the Arizona mountains. Turned out that we didn’t even get cell signal there. Was pretty amazing. 

Bart Wilson

I think any time you're passionate about what you do it's hard to unplug.  I feel guilty every time I take a vacation.

Derrick Woolfson

It feels good to not just unplug from work, but from your personal life too. I am finding that it is the best time to think of new ideas, etc. Always have my note pad handy on vacation! 

Victoria Dillabough

I wouldn't say "guilt" speicifically, however I DEFINITELY feel "vacation stress" I used to be the only BDC / Internet Manager in  my store until very recently and we close a very high % of our leads... so when I'm not there, I feel instant stress and FOMO of what I'm missing out on completing - haha

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Miscellaneous Products

87%  Recommended Recom'd 140 Ratings
Company: CDK Global
77%  Recommended Recom'd 70 Ratings
95%  Recommended Recom'd 21 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 3 Ratings