Electronic signatures on Out-of-State sales

Matteo Batelli

Hi guys,

We are Florida used car dealer and just wondering, can we do out of state sales via Electronic signatures ? Normally we can and send it to customer they print out scan and send back. Instead of this process can we create a signature fields on Docusign or similar tools to finalize the deals faster ?

Matteo Batelli

Any one ?

JJ Jones

Matteo, In theory if the customer has a docusign app on their device then it is possible. I would be careful on this front though, as a BDC/Internet director I found MANY instances of identity theft trying to complete transactions exclusively online. While I did a number of deals I did have to insist that the paperwork be notarized, especially if we were to arrange financing.  

Matteo Batelli

Jones, we are doing mostly cash sales to Out-of-state. They register the vehicles in another state as you know. Can we do the whole process via Adobe sign or Docusign so it makes the things easier. ? We dont need to do anything with DMV on wholesale or out-of-state cash buyers. I mean customer hasnt sign with hard ink. 

JJ Jones

Either platform will allow you to upload/edit any documents needed for the transaction allowing you to complete the entirety of the transaction online.

Mark Rask

We dont really do this 

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Miscellaneous Products

85%  Recommended Recom'd 153 Ratings
Company: CDK Global
75%  Recommended Recom'd 66 Ratings
Company: CDK Global
95%  Recommended Recom'd 23 Ratings