Staying Positive when you're New to Sales

Mike Cartwright

I agree, Scott. The sales field is full of challenges. To be successful, sales professionals need to believe in themselves. And optimism can be the force the will allow them to continue. Optimism despite the objections/rejections. Optimism despite some failures.

Tori Zinger

Ah! So true; this business is demanding and competitive, and it can be easy to get sucked into the negativity vacuum. One thing I try to keep in mind: I once read an article that talked about how some people are the ones that set the tone for an interaction, whether good or bad -- they set the energy. And then others are the type that take on the tone/energy of the setter. I try to consciously choose to be the one who sets the tone. So, if someone is really cranky, instead of letting it bother me (this is in theory -- it's not always easy), I challenge myself to see if I can't end the interaction with them smiling.

Tori, that is emotional intelligence at work right there!

DealerGuy, so true I absolutely agree. You have to commit!

Exactly, Mike, I can be optimistic about my future success even when I experience failure because I believe in myself!

Featured Masters

No members found

Miscellaneous Products

100%  Recommended Recom'd 2 Ratings
Company: DealerSocket
100%  Recommended Recom'd 11 Ratings
Company: Dealer.com
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 1 Ratings

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product
Can’t find what you're looking for?