Surveys, Reputation, CSI

Chris K Leslie

Are we the only industry that is overly does it with “Reputation” and “Customer Satisfaction” requests? 

Do we really need to survey every customer in email in addition to asking them to leave reviews in addition to asking them to complete a CSI survey. 

Bart Wilson

@Chris, good question. It must be confusing to the customer to get different feedback requests as well.

Jason Volny

@Chris We must. Customers are looking for a dealership to make mistakes and are extremely eager to leave bad reviews. Unfortunately, that gives them too much power in today's reputation-driven environment. A good dealership will take care of their guests, however, we all know customers that still left negative reviews. We need all of the positive reviews we can get to offset them to protect our brands. 

Chris K Leslie

I really wish reviews would be re-imagined somehow. 

Derrick Woolfson

@Chris, you hit the nail on the head with this one! I never understood why OEM's feel the need to send a pre-survey about the survey they will get. In addition to still sending surveys with scales! The famous 1-10 scale is entirely subjective, and overly ambiguous. No one is perfect, and no dealer is perfect. I cannot tell you how many times we got surveys with 8's or 9's because the customer *literally* said "no one is perfect." The other issue is that we spend more time "coaching" the customer to give us all "10's" to which some OEM's now have questions asking if the dealer "mentioned" and/or "prepped" you about giving all 10's - so to Jason's point (and I agree) they are literally trying to find something wrong. Another *HUGE* issue with the OEM surveys is the LENGTH of it! When I purchased my last vehicle, I got a 38 page survey! 38 pages! I lost interest after page two, but still did it because I feel the pain we all share. Lastly, why do the OEM's wait two plus weeks to send out the post  pre-survey, survey? The survey's need to be entirely overhauled, and instead ask questions about how they searched for their vehicle, or how the dealer influenced their purchase, or how many sites they searched before deciding to purchase a vehicle, and/or what they liked about the dealership. Asking those sorts of questions would give far better feedback to both the dealers and OEM's alike. Rant. Over. 

Chris K Leslie

38 pages!?!? I can’t believe someone at the OEM didn’t try to stop that from happening. 38 pages is unbelievable.

Featured Masters

No members found

Miscellaneous Products

0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: eSecuritytogo
Company: Nextup

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product
Can’t find what you're looking for?