Vehicle Exchange Department

GARY Reed

Just started a Vehicle Exchange Department in my Dealership and putting some best practices together to capture and convert Service to Sales customers.

The goal is to turn some service customers into buyers. (typically converting 3-5% of RO's written)

My question to my fellow Automotive colleagues is does your Dealership have a program like this in place? How successful is it, and if you're really doing good at it, what are you doing? Processes?

Thanks for your help ahead of time.

Chris K Leslie

We have been doing it for a few years now. It really boils down to the person/people you have doing it. 

Mine helpful tool we recently added is KBB instant Cash Offfer. Our reps while talking will plug in the customers trade info in turn providing a real offer for the customers vehicle. It’s a great selling tool. 

Mark Rask

We did well with a program like this ......this is so important

Tori Zinger

Gary, would love for you to keep us updated on your successes in this new department, as well as things you try that aren't as successful.

Mark Rask

Gary please keep us posted on your efforts 

Linda LaLonde

I am a part of starting this new dept. up as well and would love any feedback, ideas, practices etc! Does anyone use auto alert? Thoughts? 

Thank you in advance! :)

Suggested Discussions

Featured Masters

No members found

New Car Leads Products

95%  Recommended Recom'd 47 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 24 Ratings
Company: Edmunds
95%  Recommended Recom'd 456 Ratings
Company: CarGurus

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product