How has the VDP evolved?

Bart Wilson

With all of the technology available to us today, how has the vehicle details page evolved?  Is it enough to just be transparent and provide photos, or are you seeing that there are opportunities to step up the online merchandising of your inventory?

Mark Rask

I think one or two cat's should do it 

Bart Wilson

As the concept of Digital Retailing continues to pick up steam, VDPs are more important than ever.  I don't believe that the standard pics and description cut it any more.  

Martins Ville

I agree Bart, they are boring and static. A great VDP will be linked to the consumers FICO/Google account, showing rates and estimated payments with various banks & credit unions locally... Plus comparison vehicles for sale at other dealers in the area to press the price advantage, and quick forms to make an offer, which is instantly accepted allowed the customer to book a test drive and start the paperwork. Modern VDPs should Link multiple resources into one, saving the customer time.

Martins Ville

A login at site entry, via the standard logins like Google, Facebook,  Twitter sold be the norm. I'm also a fan of boots from companies like Drift & intercom

Bart Wilson

+1 on the too many ctas discussion.  In a lot of cases, we're trying too hard.

Featured Masters

No members found

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product
Can’t find what you're looking for?
Add a Vendor  or  Add a Product
  •  
  •  
  •