turn around time for pics of inventory

Mark Rask

Is it better to try to get pictures quickly of the  used inventory even if they are not picture ready?

Angela McCully

For a while, we would take 3-4 pictures as soon as we received a vehicle to get them up immediately, but it seemed to mess up our feeds to 3rd party sites and even to our website. Our photographer is in 2x/week, and we make sure that all of the cars that have come in are ready on those days for him to photograph and upload.

Derrick Woolfson

@Angela - we do the same thing - it's much easier now that we have vAuto - we are able to load photos immediately for pre-owned. As for new, we thankfully have an inventory manager who loads new vehicle within the first 2 days of it being delivered. 

Angela McCully

We use V-Auto, too, but I am still learning the ins and outs. I'm hoping to hire someone under me in the next few weeks, so hopefully I will be able to dive a bit deeper into what I can do with it. Those first few days can make such a difference when trying to turn vehicles quickly!

Chris K Leslie

I would rather wait to have good pics personally. I hate seeing dirty cars. Plus it totally can screw up your feeds.. I am with Dealer Guy on the size thing though. Especially with retina and 4k/5k screens everywhere. We need better pics. 

Tori Zinger

I'm torn on this, but I think when it comes down to it, I'd rather have the inventory ready, have clean pics of it, and have it out of the shop and ready to show the moment someone inquires about it.

Suggested Discussions

Victoria Dillabough
by Victoria Dillabough
Last reply by Morgan Hardy
forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Used Car Advertising Products

95%  Recommended Recom'd 1241 Ratings
Company: CarGurus
96%  Recommended Recom'd 647 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 74 Ratings