What is the best way to market your vehicles on the lot and on the internet?

Jordan Nelson

I am stuck between marketing vehicles, On the lot should I show price tags?

Or an estimated monthly payment on the mirror tags?

What is the best way to get people to stop and check out your vehicles?

Martins Ville

How about both. Depends on your States rules on advertising.

• $6,495 
  •  
  •  

Only $128/mo

(fine print)

Derrick Woolfson

We have in the past advertised payments, but as Martins Ville mentioned, you have to make sure to check the compliance aspects. As for online, there many ways to advertise specials. One of our most effective ways of doing this is adding banners on the unit that say "special." We also have a specific specials page for pre-owned units. 

Bart Wilson

I would post prices on the lot.  It communicates transparency, and you can actually use this as a dealership differentiator and a talk track for salespeople.

Martins Ville

You have to dedicate at least 50% of your SEM budget on used cars. forget about prices but if people can't find your inventory online, and you don't show up on a Google search results page at the top, you are dead meat. I'm looking for a used car myself right now and I'm telling you that I'm so embarrassed about being in this industry. I can't believe all the shysters out there. From dealers charging $600 to $1,000 in administrative or pre-delivery inspection fees, to dealers simply refusing to give me accurate numbers over the phone, No wonder this industry is being stabbed in the back by the customers. We're still doing a horrible job.

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

Used Car Advertising Products

94%  Recommended Recom'd 1238 Ratings
Company: CarGurus
95%  Recommended Recom'd 497 Ratings
100%  Recommended Recom'd 83 Ratings
Company: Edmunds
84%  Recommended Recom'd 50 Ratings

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps