Find out why over 1,200 dealers have already made the switch to Auto/Mate and experience the DMS that does business differently. LEARN MORE
It used to be, by common knowledge, that success was defined by work (and how much you did). Now days it seems success is defined by smaller multi-million dollar losses, one more gizmo sold than the competition, not spending anything compared to what you did last year and more or the like.
I'm not the first to remind everyone not to lower the bar too far or get to the point where goal setting is replaced by complacency. But I may be one of the first to say: just remember why you got into business in the first place! Now, you may have been fortunate to fall into a highly profitable business/niche just because you had the money to get in. Good job (not great, though).
If you have built your name, presence and equity with a solid foundation, it's time to kick yourself into high gear. Maintain your business plan, don't create a new one for hard times. Adjust, don't start over. Keep your edge and aim to do better than 'just maintain'.
Right now it's more important than ever to:
1. Talk with EVERY prospect and client (don't talk at them)
2. Validate EVERY opportunity you have (people do things for their reasons, not yours)
3. Set goals and write EVERY one down (you can't hit what you can 't see)
4. Follow up with EVERYONE (the ones you don't stay in touch with become someone else's best client)
5. Support EVERY aspect of your business (not just what you're most comfortable with)
Hard work is more important than ever, just remember why you're doing it and what kind of results you're looking for. If you're determined to succeed, have all of your employees, vendors and clients supporting you, continually deliver products/services and great value on time and per your commitments, chances are you'll win.
What ever you decide to do, do it well and do it every time. Here's to success!!
Best Practices: Professional Insight, Power Results